and after nine months... the credenzin was born !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Here it is: conceived on a windy winter Sunday, after so many mortices, so many tenons and soooo much dust ...

c13.jpg

For the little story, the credenzin (Triestino dialect for little sideboard) is in South American oak, with a top in white Carrara marble and the showcase has beveled glasses, finished with shellac and little industrious black-and-yellow insects wax.

For the curious in quest of strong emotions, this is the complete serie. If the slideshow does not work... try here and do it yourself.

Greetings and to the next adventure (AFTER the holidays) !
Alberto

Alberto,

Super job and definitely worth the effort. I feel I should be congratulating you with the words "It's a boy" and handing you a cigar. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alberto.
It looks really great, you must be very pleased. I think the colour of the wood is really beautiful and it looks as though it will be an extremely useful piece of furniture.

What is the patterned stuff at the back of the upper unit?

waterhead37":nh0sm8uo said:
and it looks as though it will be an extremely useful piece of furniture.

What is the patterned stuff at the back of the upper unit?

VERY useful: it went straight to my bathroom !
The upper back is just MDF covered with painted paper !

Thanks for your generous appreciations
Cheers
Alberto

Hi Alberto,
I really like the design of your cabinet, very elegant.
do you cut all these mortises by hand...
If you don´t mind I would like to put a picture of your cabinet In a design section I intend to install on my homepage

regards
Rolf,

Alberto,

Very, very nice. It seems that the Italians are not just excellent car makers. You should be proud of your work, i know i would be. You haven't got a spare F40 have you?

Well done my friend.

Best Regards

woodsman

Alberto

Great work. Your own design too. I particularly like your attention to the detailing around the centre section like the two panels making up the back, the panelled sides and the shaping. This brings the base and top together very harmoniously.

Roy

I like it a lot Alberto. Very nice job indeed. The doors set it off a treat

Cheers

Tony

Alf, thanks for the cigar: mind if I pass it on to my wife ? I am not a smoker but she's helping to maintain my tar at proper levels.

Rolf, I feel so flattened by your request that it will take me some time to recover (I will not fail to visit your desigh section). My very basic morticing technique foresees the use of a drill press and then ... banging on a firm chisel until it's done. It's perhaps not so quick and precise as using a plunge router but I find it MUCH more satisfying and relaxing. After all, time is an irrelevant factor in this hobby.

Woodsman, Ferrari uses American money, Japanese tyres, a French general manager, a German No 1 and a Brazilian No 2. Actually the only Italian thing of my F40 is the horse !

Neil, the finish is just a water-based oak primer, shellac and wax: hope I will not have to refresh it after EACH shower !

OK guys, now that my already big ego became immense and I fattened some kilos from your overgenerous praises... its time for me to come back and mumble on a new project.

Cheers
Alberto

Latest posts

Back