Anchracite Walls for a workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've followed all the advice.....

white workshop 0.jpg

white workshop 4.jpg

white workshop 2.jpg

white workshop 1.jpg

white workshop 3.jpg

glad I put wheels on the bandsaw....

that's just a mist coat at the moment - I will apply second coat tomorrow, and then I have the option of the batman colour scheme on one or two of the walls - I'm feeling like 'white' might be 'right' though, it feels pretty nice in there.

Martin

I agree with other posters - keep it white to optimise the lighting.

I like to keep the workshop reasonably tidy and organised.. However I seem to accumulate tools over time - impulse buys, particular tasks, upgraded tool, replacements for those that are worn.

Creating neat serried ranks of chisels or screwdrivers is photogenic, but what happens when when another size or brand is bought. Does one leave gaps which can be filled and accept that it will seem some are missing until the final purchase.

Boxes hanging off French cleats seem a clever solution - but with neat standard box dimensions, what do folk do when confronted by an oversized tool. Bigger box. New row of cleats. Remake all the old boxes.

In summary - some may see contemporary workshop design as a goal in itself - others as a place to work creatively

Boxes hanging off French cleats seem a clever solution - but with neat standard box dimensions, what do folk do when confronted by an oversized tool. Bigger box. New row of cleats. Remake all the old boxes.
A cleat system caters for all shapes and sizes of stuff - that's the beauty of it.
In summary - some may see contemporary workshop design as a goal in itself - others as a place to work creatively
and some of us like both..

Yeah keeping it white like most others have said will do a few things. Reflect natural light where its needed and help when you want to work in low light in the winter months. Also any dark colours will show up dust like no ones business. Also when I re designed my workshop many years ago I put as many items on castors as possible, and thought about workflow to get the most through put with minimal physical effort.

Latest posts

Back