Ancestry

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimShavings

Established Member
Reaction score
never knew much about my family ancestry so have been looking into it. Seems at least over here our last name is not that common. Anyway I got an e-mail that said I might possibly have relatives in Liverpool or Queenstown Ireland. Anybody know any "Klears" around there :oops: :D

Hi Slim

I'm afraid I can't help you with the 'Klears' connection :(. However, the standard test for the presence of Liverpudlian (or 'Scouser') blood in the veins is to walk through a parking lot and see if you're overcome by an irresistable urge to remove the hub caps from any vehicles there.

;)

Gill

I did a search on the surname KLEAR and KLEARS in the UK Phonebook and found just 3 families with the name KLEAR nothing with KLEARS

Can't help you with the 'Klear' connection, but I can tell you that Queenstown is now called Cobh (and has been for a few hundred years!)

It's in Co.Cork, let me know how sure you are of the connection, I live in that part of the world, and could at least check the Phone directory, I also know a number of people who are born and bred Cobh so they would probably know of families of that name.

Incidentally, it was the last port the Titanic sailed from.

Les

Has anyone ever researched their Ancestry in this country? I have quite and unusual surname also. I wouldn't know where to start with tracing it back

A Book?

I believe there are about a billion sites on genealogy online...

A distant cousin of ours did the whole genealogy thing with one branch of the family, and now he tends to greet any members of the family with "ah, now you're second cousin twice removed of Edith Doo-dah and you play the clarinet?" To which the inevitable answer is "no, you're confusing me with my third cousin in Canada" or variations on the theme. Poor chap; he views everyone as an entry on the family tree. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Many people who live outside of Britain and get the genealodgy thingy done get hoodwinked into thinking that they have aristocracy decendants/ancestors.

So beware.

WiZeR
I should have said Klear instead of the other. I'll have to search me up a copy of the phone book and see If we have anything in common. Gotta look up Spangler too. It was moms side. Pretty sure they were Irish. They sure liked to "discuss" things.

Back