• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

An unkind cut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Frank S

Established Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow I go in to the local clinic to have my hand fixed,that`s the upside.The downside is that I am told my hand will be in a splint for up to FIVE weeks.This means, no driving, no woodworking and no gardening(hooray it can`t all be bad).
I have books to read, videos to watch and I can go walking, weather permitting.What I shall need is some puns, jokes, tall tales, etc,so how about putting some on here in an attempt to keep me sane.I look forward to a good laugh once in a while,and I thank you all in advance.
Frank S.

Jonzjob

Established Member
Reaction score
Ex nr Carcassonne, France. Now Corston Malmesbury
Frank, on the 26th May I went into the Clinique Medipol Garonne in Toulouse for a 2 hour partial right wrist fusion. 2 nights in dock. It was hard trying to do the things that I wanted to do as I'm right handed, but with lots of help from SWMBO it wasn't too bad. I read loads of books and bought a Kindle Touch, a great bit of kit and worth every penny! No driving for almost 3 months and I'm not the worlds best passenger :oops:

My hand was in a splint for about 8 weeks and then in a support for another 4 weeks. Nothing now, but I have to be very careful and if I push it too hard I know all about it. At the start I was on some heafty pain killers, but that didn't last too long. Then just had to take them at night.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that although it was not a nice time it is now worth it. The arthritic pain I used to get is now just a dull ache and getting less and less each day.

Very good luck from me and I hope it all goes well for you :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5:

MrA

Established Member
Reaction score
On a related note, I'm due in for an operation tomorrow and I'll still have two hands free, which means pints, cuppas and custard tarts are all easily dealt with. However, I won't be allowed in the garage because you can't lift after hernia operations :( .

I'm going to have to watch TV!!!!!! :shock:

Latest posts