An obscure thank you :)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No skills

Established Member
Reaction score
A few of you might know (?) that I work in a (shipping) container yard, a while before the olympics started we had an order from one of the container firms to spray up some 40' boxes to be used as storage on an 'olympic' site somewhere. The job was done and the boxes were collected and off to site.

Over the last week or so the same boxes have been filtering back into the yard for survey/repair/storage, a couple of them landed on the repair bays today and the repairers were busy ripping out some verticle battening that was glued with building adhesive onto the interior walls. Lo and behold the 'battening' was 45x35mm par beech in 7' lengths :D why the hell anybody would be using it instead of some dirt cheap softwood I really dont know. It was going to be disposed so I have 'salvaged' it for a future project.

So in a round about way I would like to say thanks to you all for my nice pile of beech, after all a lot of you have paid for it.

:)

Looking on the other side, perhaps the originl timber suppliers thought that colour of wood looks like fir and made a boo boo. Or perhaps they made a fortune. :wink:

Back