An Introduction from Sheffield

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unib

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello folks – I've been lurking about for a few days and enjoying the content on the site – what a great forum!

Looking at the workshop tours on here I'm amazed how tidy they all are, it's shamed me into sorting my own shop out properly rather than the half hearted clean up it normally gets. So, going to build some new storage, fixed the drawers that are falling apart and remove all the gank that's built up in the corners, and I'll have a cobweb cull! When it gets to look a little less embarrassing I might take some photos to put up here.

Unib":5fppphrb said:
Hello folks – I've been lurking about for a few days and enjoying the content on the site – what a great forum!

Looking at the workshop tours on here I'm amazed how tidy they all are, it's shamed me into sorting my own shop out properly rather than the half hearted clean up it normally gets. So, going to build some new storage, fixed the drawers that are falling apart and remove all the gank that's built up in the corners, and I'll have a cobweb cull! When it gets to look a little less embarrassing I might take some photos to put up here.
Welcome Unib

How about before and after photo's that way I will not feel so bad because my garage/workshop is in a really bad state.

Stew

hi Unib, welcome to the site look forward to photos of your workshop....................before and after what a great idea as Stew suggests go on go for it...................Roger

Welcome unib,

I'm round your neck also and in quite a similar position trying to sort out my workshop. I thought i had some great ideas before joining this site and then I ended up doin what youve done and getting woodshop envy!

Anyway good luck and if you need oat let me know

See y'after

Smudge

Before and after... hummm, I have started taking things apart but I'll get some snaps of the carnage! It'll be good to compare when it's all respectable again.

Hi Ian, we ll I like to make contemporary furniture - no mouldings here! So I like using maple, walnut and oak, mixed with spray finishes. And also a bit partial to a waney edge! I'm supposed to be doing the house up (it's become a long project!) so next projects will be a new desk for my home office, cupboards in the spare room finish the ash stairs, and then a cedar covered utility room extension - oh, and finishing off the refit of our campervan!

Glad to hear it's not just me then Smudge – I'll get some pictures done - make you feel better!

Welcome Unib. If you have questions to ask , this is the place to get sage advice from great folk. In the time I have been here I have learned a lot, and laughed some as well. Stop by the hand tools posts for some lively repartee , you will not regret it.
Regards from across the waters , Mike

Unib":dfgx3l87 said:
Looking at the workshop tours on here I'm amazed how tidy they all are...

I think posters of workshop tours "just might" tidy up before taking the photos.

They also get to choose the camera angles.

I would suspect a large pile of "stuff" gets put somewhere other than the workshop for the tour shots, at least temporarily.

BugBear

I hardly ever clear up my workshop to the point where I could charge admission.... :mrgreen:

I think it ruins the main purpose of my being in there in the first place...to make tools! :wink:

In anycase...I can never find anything again when I put it away...getting old maybe?

So no need to worry Unib mate...I think you will find there are more owners of messy workshops here than there are showcases!

Welcome to the Forum!

Jim

Thanks Jim - as long as I'm not going to get chucked off the forum for being an untidy pup! I know what you mean about not being able to find things when you've put them away - the place where they're s'posed to be is normally the last place I look!
To make things a bit better I've just been planing up some beech tonight ready to make some new drawers to replace the original ones that have fallen apart (I didn't make the originals so not an sign of my woodworking skills!).

Back