An interesting roof.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here’s the result. I can’t remember how long it took in the end, as I kept getting pulled to do other jobs at that time , but probably 5-6 weeks maybe longer.

That really is a work of art, could have used your help with the wreathed handrail on an almost spiral staircase I had in France.

Intrigued to know what that roof is going on and how it will be finished/covered?

The roof and the lodge gate are beautiful, fantastic work - in fact words cannot do justice to that level of workmanship.
BTW how is the roof to be covered, glazed or tiled or ??????? It will be a crying shame should your efforts not be on complete display.
They are great machines especially for curved work. Technically my old OHR is still my property I suppose but I imagine that the guy that rents my old workshop considers it his now after 7 years; although I’m sure he wouldn’t mind me using it if it is still running. My customer’s arent asking me for nearly as adventurous a style of work as you’re doing. I am mostly making cabinets, doors, beds etc and doing heritage carpentry.

I
The roof and the lodge gate are beautiful, fantastic work - in fact words cannot do justice to that level of workmanship.
BTW how is the roof to be covered, glazed or tiled or ??????? It will be a crying shame should your efforts not be on complete display.
Thank you.
The roof is exactly as you see it in the photos, perched on top of various posts connected with arches, that ‘cover’ a stair well.

That really is a work of art, could have used your help with the wreathed handrail on an almost spiral staircase I had in France.

Intrigued to know what that roof is going on and how it will be finished/covered?

Thank you. I will get a picture up of it finished when I can, it’s been up probably 5 months now so will be on its way to silvery grey!
The staircase sounded interesting, I’ve only been involved in a few of them in my time.

F278DCA0-28BA-4D3D-8DFD-11C39D44AEA0.png
5769D381-30BD-4D13-991A-D79F3D3E10B0.png

A view from below.

That looks terrific mate. I hope it is somewhere public where people can admire it.

EBE6E743-84BD-431E-9137-8CF2EC2778A3.png

A little late to the party this one but I managed to get a photo of the thing settling in nicely after I went back to the site.
Quite a structure this one was, and it was tricky to install it but we got it done in the end and alls well that ends well.

Scotty

Back