An interesting request - a 'games' dining table - Hertfordshire area- Bespoke build

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rorton

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the cryptic title. A friend has had some work done to his house, and is looking for something specific based on something he saw online.

Its a games table that can convert to a dining table and look nice in a room.

He saw this, which is a pool table, table tennis table, air hockey table and then a dining table
5835_7ft-multi-diner.jpg

Hes not too bothered about the pool table bit, but definitely air hockey and table tennis.

We had a quick chat about perhaps the air hockey being the main base of the table, then the table tennis top or the dining table top 'clip on' somehow which was an option, but would mean having somewhere to store both the table top and the table tennis bit. Otherwise, rotating is an option.

Dimensions, looking around 200cm x 110cm

This one pictured is a little bit too big ,and not as 'nice looking' as he would like (oak or similar) but this is the concept.

Does anyone either do anything like this, or would fancy having a go as a commission. He's in Stevenage

Hi Rorton, can't really help sorry, but going off on a tangent about 15 years ago I visited a bespoke joinery company who were in the middle of building something very similar for David Beckham - it was a superb oak pool table that flipped in a similar way - I did think at the time surely he has space for both? They were well chuffed they were building it & couldn't wait to tell me who it was for.

Don't even have their details any more - but etched in my memory as quite a nice build they did from what I saw & OK yes I was a bit jealous.

I had a look at making something a bit like this for someone, it’s not a good dining table though as soon as you have a deep stretcher and not much overhang. By the time you’ve optimised it a bit to remove that problem it starts to look a bit weird.

Aidan

billiards table with leaves to make a dining table is a fairly standard 'antique' item - I have friends who had one in their last house... very comfortable to sit at for dinner, and fun also playing billiards on it :) not sure that air hockey was invented in those days (when the table was made!)

I'd be impressed if the games compendium included Fussball

Back