An 'interesting' advert

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandyn

Established Member
Reaction score
I was shopping for a new battery charger and came across this advert. It's genuine from Banggood, not a spoof.

As Victor would say "I don't believe it!!!"

charger.JPG

Not long ago there was an advert for oven cleaner “so easy to use, even a man can do it”. A little bit of joshing either way does no harm, I think.

If you want a decent charger, look no further than the Ctek MXS 5.0.

Not long ago there was an advert for oven cleaner “so easy to use, even a man can do it”. A little bit of joshing either way does no harm, I think.

If you want a decent charger, look no further than the Ctek MXS 5.0.
That looks like a good charger Thanks! There seems to be different versions of the MXS 5.0 on the web. Need to do some more research.

I think in a society where there's less virtue signaling, something like that is just an attempt at making a segment believe it's better for them.

Is it more sexist than women's golf clubs? Why do we need separate clubs for women? What's the difference between womens' golf equipment and golf equipment targeted to seniors. Grip size? You can't get small grips and higher flex shaft clubs for men?

I was once sent an email that had a picture of "Women finally get a car dealer made for them". It had cars sorted by color instead of model.

Guess who sent it to me - a very liberal and opinionated lady attorney I know, and below it she said, "Maybe I shouldn't say it, but I'd rather have a car lot sorted by color first - it's the only thing I won't compromise on when getting a car".

Back to the original picture. I'm not sure if Sandyn was pointing out the 'Girls' bit - certainly the thread has gone down that road - or the fact that the charger clips have been clipped onto the coloured plastic covers of the battery terminals!!!

On the other side of the gender divide:
71ihiBgmtYL._AC_UL480_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Ditto that - beard oils and beard balms. Very sexist given most rural areas have women who could soften their jagged stray facial hairs with it, too.

Back