An improved leg vise

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Cohen (Perth Oz)

Established Member
Reaction score
This is an accessory for a leg vise to prevent the chop racking. There are other ways to do this - a deck of playing cards is easier - but I wanted to build it in, and not have to look for an accessory. Your bench may offer the same opportunity.

This is the anti-racking at work ...

3.jpg

2.jpg

How is this done? Alongside the leg is a "depth stop" built from a screw. It can be adjusted for the desired length ...

5.jpg

1.jpg

I designed and built this a few years ago. Rob Lee came to visit, and commented that the design needed extra reinforcement to prevent being bent back. He was correct, and I have now used angle sections to attach it to the leg. Solid as a rock ...

6.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek

This is an accessory for a leg vise to prevent the chop racking. There are other ways to do this - a deck of playing cards is easier - but I wanted to build it in, and not have to look for an accessory. Your bench may offer the same opportunity.

This is the anti-racking at work ...

3.jpg

2.jpg

How is this done? Alongside the leg is a "depth stop" built from a screw. It can be adjusted for the desired length ...

5.jpg

1.jpg

I designed and built this a few years ago. Rob Lee came to visit, and commented that the design needed extra reinforcement to prevent being bent back. He was correct, and I have now used angle sections to attach it to the leg. Solid as a rock ...

6.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek
Looks great.

Rob Lee of Lee Valley?

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Back