An embarrassment ......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

gus3049

Established Member
Reaction score
..... of riches.

yet another yew tree donated. I have so much now that I am never going to be able to use it all. I have loads of the upper branches which are good for mushrooms, goblets, etc.

If there are any of my ex-pat colleagues within reach ( I know there are a couple at least) who would like to do a wood swap, please feel free to get in touch. I am in Ronsenac near Villebois Lavalette.

I would like some 'ordinary' wood, maple, sycamore, beech sort of thing.

This lot has only been cut a day or so so will obviously be a while be while before it can be used. I do have loads of the earlier lot which is drying but not fully dry. I have used some and so far haven't had too much of a problem with splitting.

Attachments

• 100_2929.jpg
    100_2929.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 792
  • 100_2928.jpg
    100_2928.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 792
  • 100_2925.jpg
    100_2925.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 792

gus3049

Established Member
Reaction score
Wood spoiler":ii9fk3wm said:
Who's a lucky boy then?

It certainly makes trying to earn a living off your turning easier when you are benefitting from "Free" wood

Ah but I do have to give them something in exchange so its not quite free. I mean, I will only get about thirty bowls out of this lot and I have to give one of them away. Life is so unfair :D

Jonzjob

Established Member
Reaction score
Ex nr Carcassonne, France. Now Corston Malmesbury
Oh please don't get too upset Gordon or you will have the tears pouring forth from me :( :(

Pity that you don't live closer to the best bit of France! But then again, you could always visit and bring a car load and return sith a bit of beech and a bit of tulip wood. I know, I know, far to generous, but that's just how I am. Our B&B prices are reassuringly expensive too with top quality c r a p service thrown in! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

gus3049

Established Member
Reaction score
Jonzjob":2d84p0om said:
Our B&B prices are reassuringly expensive too with top quality c r a p service thrown in! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh yikes, you don't like the C rap :shock: Worst music in the world, couldn't stand it I'm afraid. If you're passing of course.....