An alternative collection

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I know we have a lot of plane collectors but I'm more of a car man, only started recently to look for these but it's a really big itch now.

2bZWCV6.jpg

I'm hooked, they are all tri-angs from the 50's and 60's, I think the grey one is the oldest 1955 ish, a T50 meteor, then the red royal prince, which is tiny from late 50's and then the lotus Vanwall 1960's, which has been restored. my favourite is the little red one.

Ooh - very nice!
Where do you find them, I am looking to get one which I can restore... but have been put off by price on some I have seen...

Takes me back, as a kid I had an e type pedal car, and my mate had a jeep. We had a really long sloping drive and so the trick was to get it going then wedge your feet out of the way of the pedals as you picked up speed. Then you had to shove your feet out the bottom into the ground to stop. The Jeep always seemed to be faster, whoever was driving, which never seemed right. Wonder what they'd be worth now?

Ooh - very nice!
Where do you find them, I am looking to get one which I can restore... but have been put off by price on some I have seen...

Prices for anything retro / vintage is mental at present.I wanted a MK1 chopper, started looking and they are fetching about £2k compared with about £800 pre covid.
Pot luck on finding them at reasonable price,the cheapest was the red one for £100, Lotus was over £500 but probably worth £1k now.

Triang E type worth £1200-£2000
Triang Jeep worth £700 -£1250
approx

This is a photo of the same one I had as a lad, in AA livery with working headlamps (for a while anyway ;-) a little lad down the street I used to play with had an Army jeep version of the same one

The other is my brother in his pedal car circa 1937

It would be worth a few bob I suspect these days
Clip36.jpg
Clip35.jpg

Back