Aminster Show/Screwfix Etc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Soon be time again to make the long haul across the Irish Sea over to the Aminster show. This year at Westpoint which I hope will be a big improvement over Shepton Mallet, especially access and parking. Anyway, what I was wondering is it worth going via Screwfix?I've been told by some people that the returns, end of line and shop soiled side of things can yield some seriously cheap bargains.

Rgds

Noel

Hi Noel

If you want some seriously cheap, Ferm or Toledo, bargains then go via Nottingham.

The "outlet store" for all reconditioned Ferm and Toledo equipment is in Nottingham.

Cheers
Neil

Thanks Neil for your reply. Only Ferm thing I'd have an interest in would be their 23G pin air nailer. No interest in Toledo...I remember a guy I met earlier in the year who had just come back from Screwfix with said pinner (£40, no box or manual, returned), all Spax screws at 99p per box (they were discontinuing Spax), and alot of other stuff at half price or less. I'm not a big user of Screwfix but if there's a bargain.......

Rgds

Noel

wouldn't bother with the screwfix visit (unless you are in the town) as the shop is tiny and there are not that many bargins to be had usually

Hi Billzee

billzee":3hwwahav said:
Has the 'outlet store' got a website??

Sorry I mised your post.

I'm not aware that they have a website. It trades as "Tools 2 Go" on Hucknall Road in Nottingham.

They re-condition the returns to Screwfix and if you keep a lookout you can pick up some real bargains.

Cheers
Neil

screwfix is only about a 26 mile round trip from westpoint never been to screwfix's shop . Anyway after westpoint i think you will be dissapointed with any shop unless it's run by smirnof or carlsberg (too much advert watching on my part me thinks :lol: )

Back