Amazon***********

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyHacker

Established Member
Reaction score
Just placed an order on Amazon which reminded me why I do my best to avoid it.

Clicked apply voucher on the item screen and it asks me to log on. First attempt does not work despite using password manager, it took me to the "what problem are you having logging on" screen, I did not know I had a problem so hard to answer that one. Second attempt they want to reset me password and have sent me an email. Unfortunately the email is on a different computer, in a different room.

Reset password and I have to logon again!

Then try to find what I was trying to buy which by now has disappeared and the history shows me a number of similar looking items and had spent ages deciding which one best met my requirements which I go through again

Finally I get what I was buying in my basket. Then the brown stuff begins. How do I manage to get to the end of the process and actually buy something without committing to Amazon Prime? All the options are geared toward confusing me into clicking on a box which will give me Prime. Page after page of buy Prime tick boxes with an obscure Find Wally box on each one to continue without buying prime.

About five minutes later I have, I think, managed to buy something without subscribing to Prime.

I have realised again why I try to avoid Amazon at all costs.

LancsRick":2x3vwcd3 said:
I love it, in the last 15 years I can count on one hand the issues I've had with it.

Same here. Brilliant service. Brilliant returns options.

Me 3!

BUT I must say that I normally only "buy" books from Amazon - and YES, if something goes wrong their help screens are rather less than helpful, AND, in "the good old days" they used to call you back. Now they insist on that (to me anyway) BLUDDY annoying chat screen thing.

But generally, when it works (which is 99% of the time for E books) it works very well - for me anyway

AES":2mnadsbi said:
Me 3!

BUT I must say that I normally only "buy" books from Amazon - and YES, if something goes wrong their help screens are rather less than helpful, AND, in "the good old days" they used to call you back. Now they insist on that (to me anyway) BLUDDY annoying chat screen thing.

But generally, when it works (which is 99% of the time for E books) it works very well - for me anyway

I think their chat screens are excellent. So much better than 90% of all the othe places that take 2-3 days to respond back to an email.

I really can't complain.

I always try to avoid the 'Non Amazon' sellers though (selling on the Amazon platform) as they can be more difficult to deal with (like on ebay)

ebay ebay ebay is a godsend

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back