Amazon postage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finneyb

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought off Amazon.
Description says free p&p, when you review the invoice there is a £3.33 p&p - you need to change the delivery from the default option of 1st class post to super saver to get the free delivery. If you don't change it you pay the postage!!

If you are dealing with Amazon suggest you always review the invoice 'cause it's obvious that I am dealing with a set of ***holes who are somewhat less than straight.

Brian

Been like that for ages (year or more) - you simply have to select 'super saver' for free delivery. Allegedly takes longer, but not as long as they quote in my experience - sometimes they deliberately send 'super saver' items a day later to make the difference!

Steve

i would think that they sort the first class packages out first and when they have those covered they go to the super saver ones. That way, if it is a quiet day (or they have slightly miscalculated the number of staff to work for the day/week), you may get it the same day as first class would have given you. In a busy period, it may be a couple of days behind.

I think Amazon have had the paid postage as a default for a very long time and you had to alter the invoice to the free delivery option.

I don't think I've bought any small items from them since they stopped free delivery for anything under £10.

Regards Keith

As others have said it's been that way for a very long time.

I mostly find their expected delivery day is way conservative and stuff always arrives earlier.

Latest posts

Back