Amazon Music Unlimited?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
I have several Amazon devices around the house and pay about £15 a month for their Music family plan as this is what I understood I needed so that we could all listen to different music at the same time.

I have just been offered 6 months free of Amazon music unlimited by O2, if I cancel my family plan and just go for the music unlimited can we listen to different songs on different devices at the same time? I presume not but I'm getting a bit confused with it all.

I don't really use any of the Family plan features but the kids won't be happy if they have to listen to my music :LOL:

Anyone know the answer?

Thanks, Doug

I'm not a 100% sure Doug, but I don't think you can. For instance when I have my phone playing amazon music in the workshop and say my wife starts playing something on an echo device, the phone stops, if I restart the phone, the echo device stops - and so ensues a fun afternoon .

As the other reply says, you will be restricted to streaming from a single device at a time. I seem to remember when I just had Prime music before I go t the family plan that it would ask you on the second device whether you wanted to cut off the first one.

Thank you chaps, looks like I will have to stick with the family plan then.

An alternative freebie they offered was Disney+ for 6 months but I already paid for that upfront for a year as it worked out cheaper than paying monthly so can't use that either :(

My understanding, a bit limited possibly though, is that the family plan is just Amazon Music Unlimited but for multiple users. So your theory, and as others have stated, is correct in that it would not work on more than one device at the same time. Also means that there would only be one set of stored playlists (created by you) and other settings, whereas on the family plan each of the allowed users would get their own settings, playlists etc.

Least that is how I understand it.

We have 3 amazon speakers in the house.
Spotify will play on one or all of them the same feed what your listening too only.
But if you want to listen to different stuff on different speakers.
One will have to use Spotify
The other amazon music
The other three radio
I'm pretty sure that's what happens here..

Back