Amazing Amazon.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I get lots of email from Amazon, and I have been surfing their laptops for sometime but of course its all windows7 home premium.

Thats no good for me I want w7 pro.

Today the email gave me the opportunity to email them back on their offers, so I did telling them I wanted w7pro only offers sent in future.

The send me three offers, (fourth was a home premium), all 64 bit, I reply I want 32/64 bit not 64 only and they then give me a button to arrange a telephone reply NOW. I push the button and my telephone then rings and we discuss my business like being in a shop and he send me a link to a 32/64 bit w7 pro.

Shops havent got much chance have they?

Service is quite good because they dont offer repairs they just refund all payment if any problem arises on the future guarantee.

email came in for link.

Dear John

My name is Steven and we spoke over the phone.

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk

From your e-mail, I understand that you wish to purchase a laptop with windows 7 professional edition with 32Bit/64Bit and you were unable to locate them on our website.

I have searched our website for you and believe I have found one laptop through the normal search with this specification.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LX-V4V03-083-Tr ... 557&sr=1-3

I hope this information helps.

Please feel free to search our website more for additional information.

Thank you for choosing Amazon.co.uk

Did I solve your problem?

Blister":3rcy2jgo said:
Looks like you may have if you want to spend 1K :mrgreen:

That could start me off another rant.

I've got some 98 programs I use everyday, (bridge) and some others I dont want to have to buy again. There are some rip off men in this game.

devonwoody":1krwrnxv said:
Blister":1krwrnxv said:

I've got some 98 programs I use everyday, (bridge) and some others I dont want to have to buy again. There are some rip off men in this game.

Just been through the same process getting a new laptop thinking I needed to get Windows 7 Pro to run older programmes. Found out it wasn't necessary. Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit is running all my old programmes without any problems. Lotus Smartsuite 97 didn't autorun but found the install.exe file and away it went.

MY wife has got the 7 home premium and some quite modern programs will not run, Hoyles games and example, around 2006.

That Lotus of yours sounds like an old Time program freebie?

devonwoody":26kn8olp said:
MY wife has got the 7 home premium and some quite modern programs will not run, Hoyles games and example, around 2006.

That Lotus of yours sounds like an old Time program freebie?

No it was the Lotus version of Microsoft Office complete with Organiser, Spreadsheet, Word Processor, Database etc

devonwoody":1wd7lgw1 said:
Blister":1wd7lgw1 said:

When you are worth more than most African countries you can pretty much do what you want.

Back