Am I unlucky, or .................

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ex-71

Established Member
Reaction score
On June 18th I started ripping out the kitchen in order to do full renovation, and it has been a full renovation!
As I intended to build all units, a few weeks back I bought a Jet JTS600 t/s, along with a Metabo th/pl.
The th/pl. initially failed to start, although after a little ferreting it kicked off in jointer mode. No amount of cursing would prompt a start in thicknesser mode.
The retailer exchanged the unit for the one he had in his showroom and all is well (thank you Bryan).
Today as I pressed the start for the 6th cut of the morning, the t/s failed. The motor hummed but the blade just sat still.
Cue phone call to Bryan and I now await a new capacitor.
The new cooker arrived along with f/f. The fridge/freezer had dent in door - not pushed in from the outside, but other way round, so factory had fitted any way.
Tech due wednesday to fit new door.
What about the cooker?
Well that arrived without the proper jets (needs lpg convert kit). Supplier knew from outset it was lpg and this was reminded to him 4-5 weeks ago - fell on deaf ears.
We were promised the jets, along with another piece which was wrong, by friday last. Because of that I had gas engineer here on saturday. No jets arrived.
Cue more phone calls.

Now is it just me?
Have I done something in a previous life which requires this persecution?
Please someone tell me I am not alone.

steve (very grumpy)

nah your not , i scrimped and saved overf the last 6 months for a chop saw - finally got a new Fessie Kapex.

Okay for general chopsaw work. Then I had a comission where I had a few [ loads really] of double mitre joints to do.

Low and behold, it cut pineappled - 1deg out. Took it to Fessie .nl they tried to sort it out there and then - not 100% but good enough to carry on. Then, last monday it was not playing - pineappled again, nearly threw it out - but had a mate take it back, with samples of the pineappled mitres.

I was told it was more then likely a Monday morning machine ???? explained as, weekend on the booze, hung over monday morning thus a machine that does not do as said on the box !!!

Getting its replaced tomorrow direct from Germany, hope it isn't a monday morning machine too. :?

K

Get yourself a bathroom from Wickes. It'll put everything in perspective.

Back