Am I the only person depressed by the number of comments with gender or racial stereotypes in them?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but I don't really understand. Could you please explain what was so funny about my post,
because it wasn't intended to be. Perhaps there's a joke in there that I missed ?
:LOL::LOL: Please, no more! It hurts when I laugh!

:LOL::LOL: Please, no more! It hurts when I laugh!

I take it you must be very accustomed to not being taken very seriously.
At least I have the courage to offer an opinion.
Is it, perhaps, the thought of other people's misery that gives you such pleasure ?
Mocking other people's opinions is the epitomy of immaturity.

Try and side step it, that's my policy.

It's incredibly damaging to my current and future plans. I'm gradually finding a way around the huge issues it's causing, but it's proving to be very expensive.

Try dating a girl from Herning/Viborg/Silkeberg triangle rather than Esbjerg/Tonder/Kolding one, they are much more provincial and have much cheaper tastes. :LOL:

This PC world we live in today makes it difficult to talk a lot of the time, whilst some words could be racial slurs they are not meant as such when used by the majority of people, it is only common usage, I am sure when people of colour call each other N****s they are not intending offence so why should it be so when a person of a different race uses the same word. Is it a slur to call someone Taffy, Paddy, Jock, chalky, Dusty etc I have known an aweful lot of people who would be offended if you stopped calling them that. Percieved non political correctness makes a mockery of the way we speak. A sort of reverse racism sneaks in. No wonder I am a recluse.

Hmmm 🤔.
I may be misremembering, but DW, I think you were pretty vocal about what we called the storming of Capitol Hill, and you were explaining they weren't REALLY troublemakers, just an ickle bit sad that their champ turned out not to be a champ

That's exactly what I said. That they'll be prosecuted and it'll be over and Trump won't have much away once he's out of office. I saw a first hand account the morning after the riot and it turned out to be correct. We now also have zero establishment deaths because the officer who died was ruled to have died of causes unrelated to the riot, but as the first hand account said to me, the lady who was shot was unarmed and not posing any immediate threat.

He also said they went in and told the officers at the door, "we're unarmed and were coming in and nobody will stop us", and that they had no plans other than protest.

All of that turned out to be correct. The problem with that group is they were dopey enough to believe the election had been rigged. I saw a group on the farm forum that I sometimes visit going on at length about it, which is where the actual person I mentioned came from. They thought they were defending the legitimacy of elections, and aren't the type who would run around deconstructing the country when they find out they don't have a case. I told them their election interpretation was wrong and the odds that a whole bunch happened but nothing was provable wasn't that great. I wasn't able to make a dent (they refer to me as a liberal over there...whatever. If you're independent, nobody will ever be happy with your views).

The very interesting thing there wasn't how I turned out to be right. That was predictable, but how careless the media was was shocking. Every single thing this protestor said turned out to be right except the trouble on the other side of the capitol doesn't look to have involved plants from other groups. He told us the police let them in, that the lady shot was unarmed and that she was just climbing through a window, etc. All of that was initially reported incorrectly in a fan the flames way.

The fantasy scenarios here were really dumb, but you can only find out what the news tells you. Now, I've got a brother in law who believes that the Trump effort is going to rise up in the next generation and overthrow the government. But he's very worried about it right now. It's bizarre. Life is pretty good here but everyone wants to convince themselves that it's not.

What is the point of this unpleasant drivel? I’m no defender of Jacob or anyone else here, you can all defend yourselves, but this seems pure spite. Why? If you can’t attack the argument, attack the man?

And with that sentiment, which I think most would agree with, it's closing time.
If some want to continue please access the OT #2 board. The rules concerning personal behaviour toward others will still apply.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back