Am I the only person depressed by the number of comments with gender or racial stereotypes in them?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sort of is, yes.
We impeded their natural development as independant nations/regions.
And, in many cases, continue to do so.
hahaha. That is the funniest thing I have read today. Well done, Daniel2.

You mean, like we were better off after the Romans had visited us ?
Who were “we” is the question! Celts, Scoti, Picti, Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Attacotti? And what about the Dubonii eh! DLM! Who apologises for what, done by who and when!!!:) The past is the past. Let’s learn from it but not feel responsible for it is how I see it.

I have fingers starting to curl in, apparantly it shows I have viking blood .................... where do I claim my money?

As you drive through Debyshire you will soon be able to identify Jacob's house. Tumble down old shed to the side of the house full of old planes and chisels purchased on ebay that are never used because he is too busy ranting on forums indoors. Rickety old flag pole and tatty old EU flag, adorned with red ribbons and fluttering in the breeze, targeted from the road and covered in mud and rotten egg splashes. Three migrant families living in the basement, two in the downstairs with five more families above and in the loft because its always best to practice what you preach. Old copies of the Daily Mail for sale by the gate to make a bit of extra pocket money. They are snapped up by old locals eager to add anti woke articles and Royalist trash to their smelly old scrap books. Wait! There's someone at the window! No, its not Jacob. Its just Marley's ghost.
What is the point of this unpleasant drivel? I’m no defender of Jacob or anyone else here, you can all defend yourselves, but this seems pure spite. Why? If you can’t attack the argument, attack the man?

ahh, the old 'i'll make a claim and you can't prove it because they didn't vote, but if they could've it would've been different therefore brexit is illegitimate".

Very freshman college humanities major, that.
I imagine that's a putdown. Well done!
I was going to ask why you'd care a fig about Brexit, one way or the other. Then I remembered that we all lecture you about your silly gun laws.

It was too much to hope that this forum would revert to a pleasant place. Once again childish spitefulness and name calling is polluting the atmosphere. I know it is supposedly an off topic area, but this sort of material seems to be the main topic for this forum nowadays.

hahaha. That is the funniest thing I have read today. Well done, Daniel2.
This is the kind of post that seriously damages the UKW community. Daniel posted what looks like a perfectly reasonable understanding (whether you agree with it or not - I happen to think it has merit); Alan posts to laugh and mock that understanding, no further contribution.
The less we see of this behaviour, the better.

Try and side step it, that's my policy.

It's incredibly damaging to my current and future plans. I'm gradually finding a way around the huge issues it's causing, but it's proving to be very expensive.

But there you go, that's how it is and never mind. I just hope it's going to be the rip roaring success that some people imagine and Britain is going to be just like Switzerland, we'll all be called Heidi and poo triangular turds.
Hey don't bring toblerone into the fight cause that's all I get for Father's Day!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cheers James

Posible solution is that if in a given area less than 75% turn out to vote then that area has no single MP but a collective representation, so if thats not what you want then vote. The issue is that many people don't vote because they never see any difference, the words do not become actions.

Interesting thing on R4 yesterday, suggesting 650 random people would be more effective than 650 elected MP's, I agreed with them after arguements were put forward.

This is the kind of post that seriously damages the UKW community. Daniel posted what looks like a perfectly reasonable understanding (whether you agree with it or not - I happen to think it has merit); Alan posts to laugh and mock that understanding, no further contribution.
The less we see of this behaviour, the better.
I merely congratulated Daniel2 on what I consider to be pure comedy gold. But thank you for your lecture. It is much appreciated.

You seem to doubt this is happening in today's society.

I can't say I blame you for that really as it does sound incredulous.

Imagine if someone proposed doing something like that in the USA there would be uproar.

Let's take it one step further and just for a moment imagine that the White House were to propose something like that. Fortunately the leaders of the western world would never even suggest such a thing let alone implement it, because if they did they will only be adding fuel to Wokism, it will be like giving stupidity the green light, Every WOKE activist throughout the world would assume it was the sensible thing to do.

We are so fortunate something like that would never happen.

......................... Oh wait a moment ........................

Oh well

https://www.businessinsider.com/pro...age-house-of-representatives-2021-1?r=US&IR=T
https://www.axios.com/congress-gend...les-40a4ab56-9d5c-4dfc-ada3-4a683882967a.html
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jan/6/house-democrats-gender-neutral-rules-for-117th-con/
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...rules-on-gender-neutral-language-as-height-of
Looks like we are screwed!!!
this is the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen in my short life.

Its the way the US will be run for the next 4 years. The worst leadship in decades. Trump was a plonker and not a nice person but he got ship done. This current leadership is pathetic

I think all key decisions impacting the UK should be sorted via a game of Rock Paper Scissors. No room for ambiguity and to soften the blow on the losing side the winners should have to buy them a beer.

I merely congratulated Daniel2 on what I consider to be pure comedy gold. But thank you for your lecture. It is much appreciated.

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand. Could you please explain what was so funny about my post,
because it wasn't intended to be. Perhaps there's a joke in there that I missed ?

Interesting thing on R4 yesterday, suggesting 650 random people would be more effective than 650 elected MP's, I agreed with them after arguements were put forward.
I heard that too. It seemed to make sense in a lot of ways. My fear would be that some people would find a way to wriggle out. Bit like jury service.

I heard that too. It seemed to make sense in a lot of ways. My fear would be that some people would find a way to wriggle out. Bit like jury service.

I think most people would do it if it was paid well. Be very interesting. 1 year max service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back