Am I the only person depressed by the number of comments with gender or racial stereotypes in them?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know it was a generalisation, You do that very well so I know that you know it.

I don't read newspapers for the simple reason that they are politically biased again something you know all to well. I like to think that I am intelligent enough to look at all options and opinions therefore not make posts based only on what a political party says.

Sometimes looking at all sides neutrally gives us a much more balanced view of things, shame you have not yet tried it.

So what papers do you read? in fact I already know that the only reading you do is tied into political propaganda, how do I know this? Easy because you spout off about it at every opportunity.

Doctor Bob has said in this thread that your posts are designed to stir things up and I fully agree with him he goes on to say you are excellent at it, I disagree with that part, you are far from being excellent you have not even reached the passable stage I think he meant to put predictable instead of excellent. Don't bother acting confused and all innocent as it is very transparent these days. You have become just like a certain political party in that you have not changed the script despite the world moving on. That Sir is the nicest and least insulting thing I can say and I am happy to get it off my chest ;)
That's not a generalisation, it's a gross exaggeration, and borderline hysterical.
In my opinion.

That's not a generalisation, it's a gross exaggeration, and borderline hysterical.
In my opinion.

Gross exaggeration is that when someone exaggerates more than a normal exaggeration?
Borderline hysterical is an exaggeration in my opinion.

I take it you agree with the rest of the post or are you going to go through it line by line?

How about commenting on those links showing the proposals or is the White house bordering on hysteria in your opinion?

You are showing typical WOKE behaviour in my opinion.

LOL gross exaggeration

I was reading about the the drop in sperm count in men in developed countries recently, it’s already dropped more than 50% since the 1970s and a projection showed that it would be at zero by 2045.
The theory is that it is pharmaceuticals in the drinking water that is causing it.
So anyway it probably means that we don’t have much to worry about with over population.
Yes I have heard that it has something to do with the female contraceptive pill, like everything else it goes through a body, down the toilet, into the sea and returns as drinking water and also ends up in the food chain, could be why so many male children grow up with female traits and come across as not so masculine.

Yes I have heard that it has something to do with the female contraceptive pill, like everything else it goes through a body, down the toilet, into the sea and returns as drinking water and also ends up in the food chain, could be why so many male children grow up with female traits and come across as not so masculine.
Sounds like another bit of anti woke paranoia! :ROFLMAO:
In the old days they'd blame the evil eye, or offending the little people.
Is this the thing that Garno is so desperately anxious about? Boys being turned into girls, or even worse! o_O

We have been very lucky for a good number of years now that we have had the time and energy to contemplate at length utter rubbish.
Previous generations have not been so lucky as they have had world wars to deal with.
If I had a time machine I would join the previous generations.

We have been very lucky for a good number of years now that we have had the time and energy to contemplate at length utter rubbish.
Previous generations have not been so lucky as they have had world wars to deal with.
Eddy, not really quite sure what you’re thinking is utter rubbish?

Until they sent you to Ypres to get shot at.

We are very over populated, infact population growth is now out of control and some of this is because we have good medical practices and we are not constantly losing people through war, conflict or tribal disputes. It has become a race that has no winers, population growing whilst natural resources are in decline and we continously have to intensify farming to support the people but not equally or fairly otherwise there would not be such an issue of poverty and starvation in the world. Question is when will nature step in and fix it, already shown her potential with Covid so what has she got in store next?
I object to calling Nature "Her" whatever next,"Farther" Time.

Sounds like another bit of anti woke paranoia! :ROFLMAO:
In the old days they'd blame the evil eye, or offending the little people.
Is this the thing that Garno is so desperately anxious about? Boys being turned into girls, or even worse! o_O
https://www.nytimespost.com/woke-ma...colonise-imperial-measurements-in-new-change/
I hope you aren't still using those despotic, imperial jackbooted inches in your woodwork. That's racist, that is. You should use the European metric system, so beloved of Napoleon and the Germans...there must be some sensible logic here somewhere, because the British Empire was despicable and all Brits owe the entire world reparations for what was done 150 years ago. Or something.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shashi_Tharoor's_Oxford_Union_speechhttps://caricomreparations.org/what-the-uk-owes-in-reparations/
That will be your money that will be handed over - were they your crimes?

Over population isn't the problem it's the solution.
It happens everywhere through the living world plants animals that if the going gets tough the reproduction rate goes up.
Hence the most stressed human communities are the most over populated - the stress is the cause the overpopulation is the reaction.
The reason is simple - it's the species which has evolved to survive, not the individual - we all die.
So, given the worst that climate change can throw at us, there may be a few survivors, that's all the counts.

Last edited:
Wow! my first deleted post. The MP sketch was to show how they addressed racism, by blowing it up. I think I'll just sit back and watch the bigotry being acted out. Anyone for popcorn?

That will be your money that will be handed over - were they your crimes?
Our crimes today are in not dealing with the fallout from colonisation and slavery - racism and discrimination being the most obvious, but the widespread poverty and destruction of the "colonies" and other places is still something which people are living and dying with. The consequences are dominating people's lives now and were not something which stopped neatly in 1833
https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20200205-how-britain-is-facing-up-to-its-secret-slavery-historyNot to mention more recent activities such as the invasion of Iraq and a host of other intrusions into other people's lives and deaths.

The widespread poverty and destruction of the "colonies" and other places is still something which people are living and dying with? They've had their own governments for decades and virtually all have managed to make things worse. I suppose that's our fault as well?

It sort of is, yes.
We impeded their natural development as independant nations/regions.
And, in many cases, continue to do so.

Last edited:
I hope you aren't still using those despotic, imperial jackbooted inches in your woodwork. That's racist, that is. You should use the European metric system, so beloved of Napoleon and the Germans...there must be some sensible logic here somewhere, because the British Empire was despicable and all Brits owe the entire world reparations for what was done 150 years ago. Or something.
It seems to be one of a series of things under consideration, part of an anti-racist ambition at the university. Surely they should be allowed to consider it? I mean, that's what universities are supposed to do, explore possibilities, hopefully extend understanding. Clearly the Torygraph wants to take it out of context and represent it as another outrageous 'woke' event, but that's got little to do with the functioning of a university.
https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-12-1...mprove-university-s-anti-racist-future-better

No it's not. The view point you are putting forward would mean that a Serb born today would be responsible and accountable once they are an adult of my age for the actions of Serbs during the 1990s Balkans conflicts. That is ludicrous

The widespread poverty and destruction of the "colonies" and other places is still something which people are living and dying with? They've had their own governments for decades and virtually all have managed to make things worse. I suppose that's our fault as well?
Very largely the fault of the west, yes. Look at all the argy bargy in the middle east for instance.
African states are recovering from the abuse of 100s of years but it won't happen over night it takes generations to build a new world. The least we could do is accept refugees willingly, as they escape from the world which we have stirred up and made unliveable. We are also most responsible for climate change as compared to the under developed world.

It sort of is, yes.
We impeded their natural development as independant nations.
And, in many cases, continue to do so.
They clearly continue to suffer the consequences. Look at the straight lines we drew in the sand in the middle east for example, demarcating borders regardless of tribal, ethnic and religious groups at odds with each other. We see the consequences daily on our news reports from the region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back