Am I the only person depressed by the number of comments with gender or racial stereotypes in them?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your comment and know 1 thing about you. You are being offended on somebody else's behalf. "Targeted" is such a ridiculous word in this context. Jokes are all about exaggeration. When somebody on here that falls into whatever category it was that you find offensive expresses their distress, I will take more notice. Meanwhile the internet is full of things one might find distasteful. If it hurts your sensibilities too much you could always try switching off and actually doing some woodwork.
Really? You KNOW that do you? I have no idea how....

Do you think we are over populated or just managing resources badly?
We are very over populated, infact population growth is now out of control and some of this is because we have good medical practices and we are not constantly losing people through war, conflict or tribal disputes. It has become a race that has no winers, population growing whilst natural resources are in decline and we continously have to intensify farming to support the people but not equally or fairly otherwise there would not be such an issue of poverty and starvation in the world. Question is when will nature step in and fix it, already shown her potential with Covid so what has she got in store next?

... losing people through war, conflict or tribal disputes. It has become a race that has no winers, population growing whilst natural resources are in decline ....

I'm not usually one for pointing out spelling errors, but I think you
missed the "h" in winers.
HTH

You are once again correct as you are about the world being flat. 😜
You have been told not to call your children "boy" or "girl"? By whom, when was this, did you object or question this?
What papers are you reading?

^^^^ lifted from today's Times -

A law student who said that women have vaginas and are not as physically strong as men is being investigated by her university. Disciplinary action is being taken against Lisa Keogh, 29, over “offensive” and “discriminatory” comments that she made during lectures at Abertay University, Dundee.
It was in the Daily Mail, The Sun and The Times and hence very likely to be total nonsense or a serious distortion. This is where all this "wokeist" paranoia seems to come from. Very weird. Seems to have set off a whole gang w*tting themselves with imaginary fears. I suppose that's the idea - a very traditional MSM media activity - it sells papers and keeps people hooked. Immigrants is the big one, it used to be single mothers on benefits, moslem terrorists, the EU, now its fears of "wokism". Whatever next?
All a bit pathetic IMHO. Half a generation living in fear and anxiety because it sells papers and keeps their readers politically docile.

Last edited:
It was in the Daily Mail, The Sun and The Times and hence very likely to be total nonsense or a serious distortion.

Out of interest, are you open to the idea that articles in The Guardian, The Observer and The Independent are likely to be nonsense or a serious distortion?

Immigrants is the big one, it used to be single mothers on benefits, now its fears of "wokism".
As far as immigrants go, come onto any large building site and you'll may experience first hand why some working class people are sensitive about immigrants. People who are middle class and/or comfortably off just don't see or experience this, so presumably think it is the media stirring things up.

Whilst the Daily Mail is right wing, carpet munching stuff - the Grauniad is just as bad, but to the left/woke these days, I find

Out of interest, are you open to the idea that articles in The Guardian, The Observer and The Independent are likely to be nonsense or a serious distortion?
Certainly am!
Stopped reading the Guardian/Observer some years ago, mainly because of their frantic campaigning against Corbyn. It's not the paper it was, and sadly missed by many. The Independent is a loose cannon and publishes a range of stuff, take it or leave it.
Don't have a daily paper anymore but there's masses of alternative media; Novara Media, Double Down News, The Jacobin, Tribune, Morning Star etc.

You have been told not to call your children "boy" or "girl"? By whom, when was this, did you object or question this?
What papers are you reading?

You know it was a generalisation, You do that very well so I know that you know it.

I don't read newspapers for the simple reason that they are politically biased again something you know all to well. I like to think that I am intelligent enough to look at all options and opinions therefore not make posts based only on what a political party says.

Sometimes looking at all sides neutrally gives us a much more balanced view of things, shame you have not yet tried it.

So what papers do you read? in fact I already know that the only reading you do is tied into political propaganda, how do I know this? Easy because you spout off about it at every opportunity.

Doctor Bob has said in this thread that your posts are designed to stir things up and I fully agree with him he goes on to say you are excellent at it, I disagree with that part, you are far from being excellent you have not even reached the passable stage I think he meant to put predictable instead of excellent. Don't bother acting confused and all innocent as it is very transparent these days. You have become just like a certain political party in that you have not changed the script despite the world moving on. That Sir is the nicest and least insulting thing I can say and I am happy to get it off my chest ;)

It was in the Daily Mail, The Sun and The Times and hence very likely to be total nonsense or a serious distortion.

" Keogh, a final-year student, fears that any sanction could end her dream of becoming a human rights lawyer. Her case is being backed by Joanna Cherry QC, the SNP MP for Edinburgh South West and deputy chairwoman of the Lords and Commons joint committee on human rights, who described the situation as farcical."

I suppose Ms. Cherry must have got it all wrong, then.

" Keogh, a final-year student, fears that any sanction could end her dream of becoming a human rights lawyer. Her case is being backed by Joanna Cherry QC, the SNP MP for Edinburgh South West and deputy chairwoman of the Lords and Commons joint committee on human rights, who described the situation as farcical."

I suppose Ms. Cherry must have got it all wrong, then.
Ms Cherry seems to be saying it is farcical - which is what I would have expected on the face of it.

Stopped reading the Guardian/Observer some years ago, mainly because of their frantic campaigning against Corbyn. It's not the paper it was, and sadly missed by many.

How very odd, nearly every article you feel the need to share is from the guardian, what are the chances of that when you don't read it.

Out of curiosity how is the "bring back Jeremy" campaign going? I'm all for it, how do I vote for it?

Last edited:
And these don't push their own agenda?
They certainly do, but it tends to be a very different agenda to the MSM. I make my own mind up about what to think - easier if you have several points of view presented.

Occurred to me on the theme of imaginary fears that if this was 17th or 18th century the MSM and this thread would be about witchcraft, evil spirits, sinister foreigners, the little people, robbers, magic spells, pirates, smugglers, etc etc. In other words - strangely similar! Same irrational fears , different cast of suspects.

Last edited:
We are very over populated, infact population growth is now out of control

Who or what would you suggest is competent to control it?

population growing whilst natural resources are in decline and we continously have to intensify farming to support the people

Natural recourses are being squandered at an alarming rate, Is it necessary to travel to a job where "one" works 8 or 10 or more hours per day to create gadgets which will end up in land fill in a very short time to earn a little money so that one can go buy ones self some of the gadgets that will end up in land fill in a very short time all the while being taxed at a true rate of around 85%.

The intensified farming I believe is more to do with higher profits than feeding the world.

Occurred to me on the theme of imaginary fears

this was mine
lcoCyR7S_400x400.jpg

Turned out just to be a bad dream.

We are very over populated, infact population growth is now out of control and some of this is because we have good medical practices and we are not constantly losing people through war, conflict or tribal disputes. It has become a race that has no winers, population growing whilst natural resources are in decline and we continously have to intensify farming to support the people but not equally or fairly otherwise there would not be such an issue of poverty and starvation in the world. Question is when will nature step in and fix it, already shown her potential with Covid so what has she got in store next?
I was reading about the the drop in sperm count in men in developed countries recently, it’s already dropped more than 50% since the 1970s and a projection showed that it would be at zero by 2045.
The theory is that it is pharmaceuticals in the drinking water that is causing it.
So anyway it probably means that we don’t have much to worry about with over population.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back