Am I the only person depressed by the number of comments with gender or racial stereotypes in them?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they'll finish it and move on soon so that the people who voted for it don't have their rights violated by a protesting and grandstanding minority of the populaton.

:) :) :) :) :)
You can sell a lie, but it can't be delivered.....so no it can't be finished.

The fisherman have certainly had their rights violated.
The people of Northern Ireland have certainly had their rights violated.
Farmers, the wine industry, "the 3 million", haulage industry, people of Holyhead.......all had their rights violated

ahh, the old 'i'll make a claim and you can't prove it because they didn't vote, but if they could've it would've been different therefore brexit is illegitimate".

Very freshman college humanities major, that.
We have representative democracy here in the UK, so whatever happened after the referendum could not legally have violated the rights of Brexit voters.

Germans are still paying reparations to Jews around the world, and to Israel, which is ironic given that Israel is now the facist, racial supremacy monster that the Germans had a go at so long ago.

This is at best a mischaracterization of the payments Germany is voluntarily paying to the remaining Jews who were imprisoned during the holocaust in the way the UK paid reparations to people incorrectly imprisoned as terrorists. There are no payments being made to Israel. Where did you find this idea? On Stormfront?

Try and side step it, that's my policy.

It's incredibly damaging to my current and future plans. I'm gradually finding a way around the huge issues it's causing, but it's proving to be very expensive.

But there you go, that's how it is and never mind. I just hope it's going to be the rip roaring success that some people imagine and Britain is going to be just like Switzerland, we'll all be called Heidi and poo triangular turds.

Try and side step it, that's my policy.

It's incredibly damaging to my current and future plans. I'm gradually finding a way around the huge issues it's causing, but it's proving to be very expensive.

But there you go, that's how it is and never mind. I just hope it's going to be the rip roaring success that some people imagine and Britain is going to be just like Switzerland, we'll all be called Heidi and poo triangular turds.

I agree that it is what it is, and we just have to adapt and get on with it.
That, however, doesn't remove the fact that it was a monumentally stupid thing to do.
A perfect example of how democracy reached a zenith of imperfection.

It's a real conundrum; what should be done when there has been a democratic decision to do something irremediably stupid and damaging?
I'll rephrase the question.
What should have been done by the government when there was a referendum in the offing about doing something irremediably stupid and damaging?

Hopefully they'll finish it and move on soon so that the people who voted for it don't have their rights violated by a protesting and grandstanding minority of the populaton.

:) :) :) :) :)

Hmmm 🤔.
I may be misremembering, but DW, I think you were pretty vocal about what we called the storming of Capitol Hill, and you were explaining they weren't REALLY troublemakers, just an ickle bit sad that their champ turned out not to be a champ

I agree that it is what it is, and we just have to adapt and get on with it.
That, however, doesn't remove the fact that it was a monumentally stupid thing to do.
A perfect example of how democracy reached a zenith of imperfection.

There's nothing we can do about it, but saying people are stupid or its stupid isn't going to achieve anything.

I'll rephrase the question.
What should have been done by the government when there was a referendum in the offing, to do something irremediably stupid and damaging?

Well, some responsible and honest explanations of the issues by the government (all parties), to
properly inform the electorate would have been a good start.

There's nothing we can do about it, but saying people are stupid or its stupid isn't going to achieve anything.

Not seeking to achieve anything. It's simply an observation.
If I were to meet an individual lemming, they might come across as rather
rational and reasonable but, collectively..... well....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back