Am I going mad?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dance

Established Member
Reaction score
This should work, right? This must be a bug in the software? In a way I'd be pleased to hear I've done something silly...

If anyone's got a spare five minutes to test I'd be grateful!

thanks

Attachments

• 62005234_601450803672855_604295885592985600_n.jpg
    62005234_601450803672855_604295885592985600_n.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 265
Can't see the edit button. Forgot to give the URL for the cutlist website.

It's here: http://cutlistoptimizer.com

Basically it's a cutlist web app. I don't like the one in sketchup 'cos it seems to fail to place all panels on sheet goods for no reason. This one seemed good but then I think I've just found it can't cope with more complicated requests.

Looks like a bug.
I tried entering the "won't fit" panels as two singletons, but seems to have the same problem. Doesn't seem to want to use more than 3 sheets.

Many, many years ago - long before 'apps' - I had a job that used a large amount plywood components.

My problem was to work out, most economically, how many 8 x 4 ply sheets I needed from an extensive and varied component list of plywood pieces of all sizes and shapes.
The solution then was to make up an (Excel) A4 sheet consisting of 96 squares by 48 (each representing and inch (which is what I work in) or 25 mm squares and to draw the components, scaled onto that sheet.
Being on paper, it was also a neat way out working out a cutting sequence on large ply sheets.
It is now in PDF and is invaluable insofar as I can lay out each bit, work out the sheets needed and use up small off-cuts.

If this will solve your problem, avoiding burning out brain cells grappling with an inscrutable 'app' problems, it's yours for a PM with an email.

I use maxcut (free download) and it’s been brilliant, even with hundreds of panels requiring different stock boards in different sizes and thicknesses. By far the quickest* way I have found to confirm the required amount of boards.
* Unless we’ve drawn the item in inventor, in which case we can use the nest utility to automatically nest the drawn panels onto the required stock boards.

Back