Aluminium Round Bar

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shedman

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
i wonder if anyone can help me. I'm making a peg loom, and the dowel seems very weak at the size I need to use. Does anyone know where I might be able to source some 9mm round bar in aluminium for this project. I've searched online, but because this isn't something I would normally use I can't seem to find any. I can find 9.5mm but not 9. Any suggestions gratefully received!!

Yup, I've struggled to find 9mm as well. I just buy the next imperial size up and lathe it down. Whereabouts are you? I'm happy to turn some down if you want to pick it up.

Al round bar at 9mm does seem to be a bit elusive doesn't it? Brass and Silver Steel are both easily available on eBay at that size, the former might be visually appealing too. Steel tubing should also do the job too.

Had to look up peg loom. The peg diameter certainly doesn't appear to be critical, I would think you have plenty of options.

If the plan calls for 9mm in wood then you could easily drop to 8mm or 5/16" in Aluminium. I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere like B&Q sell that size in alloy rod. This all assumes the diameter is not critical, if it is, good luck!

Back