Alternative Saw Blade for Festool TS55

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsb

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been into my local shop for a new blade but they don't have any in stock and won't be getting any till the new year because of supply problems. Is there another make of blade anyone would recommend for the saw in question. I've seen some saxton blades cheap but no idea how good they are

I cut mostly MDF with the tracksaw so the original 48 tooth blade is ideal and leaves a nice finish.
FFX have them in stock too at the same price as Amazon, free delivery and if you crack on with the order, you could have it delivered tomorrow.
I'm sure there are other mail order suppliers too.
The festool blades are good. You can get cheaper blades for less money, but you bought a decent tool so I'd say give it a decent blade.

Key Blades for me. I have some cheap Saxton blades for cutting rough materials where I don't want to ruin my decent blades. If you are doing rips in thick hardwood it is also worth getting a 18T blade as I find the saw struggles a bit with the standard blade. Also check the kerf is 2.2mm unless you want to recut your strip.

Cheers for replies. I think i'll stick to a festool blade, so will go to ffx. I've just changed the guild strip so don't want to mess that up, by using a different blade.

I use the CMT orange blades and have been perfectly happy with them

I get them from Scott and Sargent.

Another vote for the Festool 28T blade. I find it gives a fantastic clean cut and only I switch to the finer toothed blade for the most demanding situations.

Back