Alternative Machine Lifting Shackle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pollys13

Established Member
Reaction score
Shackle Forum.JPG
I use an engine crane and correctly rated lifting straps when I need to move a machine. I have four strap ends, to fit over the hook, I can get them all on, with the safety spring clip closed, but is a bit of a struggle and the same with getting..... the sodding things, out of the hook. Is there some type of accessory I could use with the hook or an altenative fitting altogether, to fit into the cranes lifting beam, which would make life...... a lot easier, ideally the cheapest option to do the job. Sorry about the photo in original location is portrait, tried to change no luck.
Cheers.

Attachments

• Shackle Forum.JPG
    Shackle Forum.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 352
Yes I looked into the types of shackles including Ds, tried to work out right size so can fit 4 strap ends, ones that seem large enough can get pretty expensive.

Another way of going at this, might be to get a set of straps with a lower loading spec adequate for what I want, swings and roundabouts, perhaps cheaper option than a great big shackle. Those purple straps I think are a 1 ton rating.

Alternatively put the straps on the lifting arm with a couple of stops to prevent them sliding.

Thanks people, what I eventually did, is contacted an Ebay seller of various bow shackles, explaining problem with photo. He came back and said one of these would do the job.

3.25 Ton Screw Pin Event Rigging Lifting Towing Alloy Bow Shackle CE Ebay item 222651234499
A sensible price too, should arrive early in the week.

Back