Alternative jaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munty Scruntfundle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there.

I’ve seen a couple of jaw designs I’d quite like to pick up, either Axminster don’t make a variant or they’re rather expensive.

Does anyone know what other makes (if any) would fit the SK100 Chuck?

Many thanks.

I did a search when I needed a new chuck and found the same thing that manufacturers only make jaws to fit their own brand. As well as searching for chucks that could have either an insert or changeable backplate if I decide to change lathes.
That is why I went for the Versa chuck on recommendations from Mark Sanger and never looked back. This now means that I can have the pick of jaws for any application that I would need.

Quote -- ".... All of the parts are well engineered and fit perfectly and the jaw carriers fit very well on the Axminster jaws all in all I am well pleased so far...."

This was for the Versachuck 3, post from a chap called Woody, can anyone confirm?

Dalboy":2q73bm82 said:
I did a search when I needed a new chuck and found the same thing that manufacturers only make jaws to fit their own brand. As well as searching for chucks that could have either an insert or changeable backplate if I decide to change lathes.
That is why I went for the Versa chuck on recommendations from Mark Sanger and never looked back. This now means that I can have the pick of jaws for any application that I would need.

Snap Dalboy, just bought the Versa chuck as well , as i had a Axminster SK100 1" but just changed lathes to a M33 3.5, i was going to buy the evalution chuck, but at nearly £200 i decided the versachuck was a better bet as chuck backplate and jaw carriers worked out at about 70 or 80 quid cheaper and i have the advantage of covering myself in the future if i need to change just the backplate and as a bonus there jaws are a lot cheaper than axminster , Build quality is good to

TopCat 32":1wd1fxe6 said:
Snap Dalboy, just bought the Versa chuck as well , as i had a Axminster SK100 1" but just changed lathes to a M33 3.5, i was going to buy the evalution chuck, but at nearly £200 i decided the versachuck was a better bet as chuck backplate and jaw carriers worked out at about 70 or 80 quid cheaper and i have the advantage of covering myself in the future if i need to change just the backplate and as a bonus there jaws are a lot cheaper than axminster , Build quality is good to

One thing I have done is degrease the outside and give it a coat of wax for added protection

Latest posts

Back