All change at radio 1

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time I listened to Radio 1 was back in the 80s when it was good. Can't stand it now......maybe I've just grown up. As for Chris Moyles...scruffy, self centred.....don't get me started! :twisted:

+1
An oubliette for C. Moyles and A. Chiles - do us all a favour. Both too fond of their own voices. Both totally devoid of talent.

Radio 1 is a children's station. It plays children's music and it's target audience are under-18's. The dj's act like spoilt children too. No self respecting adult should be listening to R1, as it amounts to the same as watching Playschool.

EDIT. That's doing Playschool a disservice. At least Playschool has some educational value to under-5's. Better change it to Power Rangers.

Roy

Problem I have is that the Radio 1 DJs when they are too old for R1's audience are moving to Radio 2.

I can't stand Jo Whiley - she has no place on R2.

defsdoor":pitxwbqh said:
Problem I have is that the Radio 1 DJs when they are too old for R1's audience are moving to Radio 2.
If he replaces Steve Wright it won't be soon enough - Rob

I used to listen to R1, but got bored of the DJs, constantly on about the same things all the time, and what with Jo Wiley and all the studenty lark I started to listen to R2 more.
Given the chance, i listen to Kiss 101, but i'm getting a bit old for it now i feel.

Sara Cox, more of her. Great entertaining show!

doorframe":3dklo8d4 said:
Radio 1 is a children's station. It plays children's music and it's target audience are under-18's. The dj's act like spoilt children too. No self respecting adult should be listening to R1, as it amounts to the same as watching Playschool.

EDIT. That's doing Playschool a disservice. At least Playschool has some educational value to under-5's. Better change it to Power Rangers.

Roy

LOL..apparently their average age listener is 32 according to the radio...which i find hard to believe as it means there must be some seriously sad 60 year olds! They were supposed to have aimed for the younger age group.

They have it on the early morning in the gym and it does my head in. None stop wittering followed by even more wittering. Thought Radio 1 as a music station.

Can I play?

Tony Prince, Kidd Jensen, Emperor Rosko......now, who will confess to a) knowing which radio station and b) which year(s)?

Secondly, place this quotation: "....'in' I Brian" or was it "...'in' I broit"?

Sam

I stay local in the evenings Sammy. Ralph McLean and Cherrie McIlwaine.

Ref R1, Tommy Vance, Johnnie Walker and John Peel.

PS- you must be knackered after today, feet sore?......:)

Nope. I spent it in the company of an ancient AGS, a brass brush, air line, rust inhibitor, hammered finish paint......at last, I am making progress! But, I can tell you, hammered finish looks bl**dy awful when you try to brush it on, just like Paul Richardson wrote in F&C all those years ago. I'm waiting untill all the sore heads get back to work, then I'll get some thinners and try spraying what I have left. Like yourself, I bought one of those cheapie HVLP units B&Q had some years ago and had reasonable success spraying walls ets, so the cabinet and tables of the AGS should be straightforward......heh heh....

Sam

PS Your answer "Ref 1"....sure they were all there? Tommy Vance?

Yep, all on R1 at some stage or another, just my favourites at the time.

Great wee tool that sprayer, still use it.

Thanks Noel; I mistook your post. Radio One? I'm old enough to remember the Hairy Cornflake on weekends (when he was "the alien being from Manchester") before he started the breakfast slot. Johnnie Walker, the smooth eclectic-choice (or so he seemed in rigid 'Play List' days) with a lunchtime slot, I think. Then there were the excruciating Saville-flavoured Top Twenty shows...and Paul Gambaccini was a fresh newcomer....

C'mon folks?! "Tony Prince"? Is there no-one who had a small tranny (in the electronic sense!) and was exploring music in the late 60's/early 70's?

Sam

Latest posts

Back