AliExpress

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do find it ironic that through using the likes of Banggood and Aliexpress as UK consumers we're powering the economy of a country that has just been called out as a major threat by the Head of MI6.

It obviously applies much wider than these two marketplaces and before anyone gets uptight I'm just making a general observation and not criticising anyone for grabbing a bargain! ;)
If you do your homework properly, you'll find that MI6 (as well as CIA and MI5) are greater threats than both China and Russia when it comes to your personal safety. And when you see that over half US Americans want war with China, you can see the lunacy that drives the seppos. Just remember a certain guy from the late 1930s.

I do find it ironic that through using the likes of Banggood and Aliexpress as UK consumers we're powering the economy of a country that has just been called out as a major threat by the Head of MI6.

It obviously applies much wider than these two marketplaces and before anyone gets uptight I'm just making a general observation and not criticising anyone for grabbing a bargain! ;)
Bit like the Opium Wars in reverse.

Nowadays it seems that the choice is to buy direct from China, or buy from Axminster or Record Power or whoever
That is why so many western countries see China as a threat, nearly everything originates from there and even stuff not made in China will more than likely contain parts made in China so they are a major player. It will not be for ever if history plays out, eventually they just like so many others will price themselves out of the market and become too expensive, then someone else takes over and that cycle continues. We see a lot of poor quality stuff that is made there, but that is our fault because we buy it and accept the lower quality because it is cheap, if we upped our expectations and were willing to pay more then you could get top notch stuff that would still be cheaper than anything made in the west, you don't get into space and make hypersonic missiles without the ability and capability of quality.

If you do your homework properly, you'll find that MI6 (as well as CIA and MI5) are greater threats than both China and Russia when it comes to your personal safety.
You have to wonder why the americans are so paranoid, they were totally freaked out by the so called Russian threat following WW2 and that saga has persisted to this day, but is this really nothing more than a justification to spend insane amounts of dollars on the defence industry, an awful lot of people have become very very rich as a result. Now they see China as both just another justification and also an actual threat to their very economy, but rather than rattle swords just up your own game and accept competition. The truth is that no one can really win a war today, there can only be all losers so why even think like a warload.

If you do your homework properly, you'll find that MI6 (as well as CIA and MI5) are greater threats than both China and Russia when it comes to your personal safety. And when you see that over half US Americans want war with China, you can see the lunacy that drives the seppos. Just remember a certain guy from the late 1930s.
I take it from your post that you have in depth and expert knowledge of the security services of both the UK and US? "Doing your homework" requires that you are either privy to information which is acquired first-hand, or subject to so many non-disclosure clauses, i.e. The Official Secrets Act etc. So which one is it? Oh, and what does it have to do with woodwork anyway?

The biggest snag of buying direct from China is if one has to return an item direct. There are restrictions on sending certain items to China which donot apply FROM China, or so I believe.

You have to wonder why the americans are so paranoid, they were totally freaked out by the so called Russian threat following WW2 and that saga has persisted to this day, but is this really nothing more than a justification to spend insane amounts of dollars on the defence industry, an awful lot of people have become very very rich as a result. Now they see China as both just another justification and also an actual threat to their very economy, but rather than rattle swords just up your own game and accept competition. The truth is that no one can really win a war today, there can only be all losers so why even think like a warload.
Despite this the US has so much 'stuff' manufactured in China. As an example (UK included) virtually all model trains are made in China.

Back