Alien Artifact 2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny.t.

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I wasn't happy with my first one of these but I liked the idea enough to do it properly, this being the result.
alienartif2.jpg

There is nothing of the original in this one. Ply was a poor choice of material for the stand in the first one, so this time I've used MDF,sprayed with gold car paint and I even made the curves right this time :oops:
The vessel is made of sepele,5" tall and coloured with chestnut stains.The base is burned,wire brushed and ebonised Oak.

Comments welcomed
JT

That's much smoother Johnny, put the first one down to concept exploration, this one looks as though it's destined to be the start of an interesting series.

Hi Johnny,
I,ve been a bit busy over the last few weeks and haven't had chance to get on so I am sorry to hear you have been poorly.
I thought the first prototype was an interesting concept but the learning curve of that one has produced a super result with this one.
Are you contemplating a planetarium?????
Nice work and I hope it sells well for you.
Best regards,
Ian

Thanks for the replies :D Yes this one looks much more like what I had in mind and I am fairly pleased with how it turned out.

Duiker":q9piutkx said:
what was the thought behind it? As good as it is I'd be interested to know "why"?
Duiker,I have just read a great book on UFOs so I guess my head was full of 'alieness' :lol: :lol: I first had in mind the vessel with the pointed base and didn't want to display it on a 3 legged stand or laying on some sort of horizontal stand, so I decided to suspend it,then the metallic looking curve just came to mind.

cheers JT

Looks a lot better though I'd have the vessel a different colour (I know...you like the colour :lol: ) Another variation would be if the base of the curved stand flared out wider? I can imagine it as well with the vessel textured and coloured like one of Mark's hollow forms. No end of the variations.

pete

Back