Alf's next purchase...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh joy, more gender stereotyping. :roll: Yep, all us girls are so dumb we'll buy tacky overpriced tools just 'cos of the colour.

Question for all: if you see a tool in green, do you feel obliged to say "just right for the Irish"? Does a new yellow tool result in the inevitable "bet the Chinese will like that"? How about one in red, yellow, green and black? Going to think it's a good idea to mention that'll sell like hot cakes down in Brixton? If, say, you're Welsh, would a company putting leeks on junky tools with the expectation of increasing their sales to you and your countrymen make you feel that they had a high opinion of your intelligence?

And yes, this is an over-reaction to this one post, but this stuff gets up my nose and I hope maybe at least some folks may now understand why. 'pologies for the rant.

Cheers, Alf

Alf":1oyuqc2u said:
Oh joy, more gender stereotyping. :roll: Yep, all us girls are so dumb we'll buy tacky overpriced tools just 'cos of the colour.

And yes, this is an over-reaction to this one post, but this stuff gets up my nose and I hope maybe at least some folks may now understand why. 'pologies for the rant.

Cheers, Alf

Go on girl give it to him straight \:D/ :-#

Issues of stereotyping aside - I do like the "can of liquid freedom".

Cheers Mike

funnily enough i thought the pink pound and attendant accessories were for gay guys :cry: and no i am not one.

but i agree the whole stereotyping thing is stupid because it detracts from the ability of the product.

so what is the bet on bug's lifespan now alf is gunning for him :twisted: :lol: :roll:

paul :wink:

Well, I shall be buying one.
I have a friend who lives in Notting Hill, pretty much everything she owns is pink, including her car.
Her name to her friends is Pinkie
In two weeks time she's moving to the Mumbles :?: :?:
The cottage she's renovating is a wreck.
Thank you the perfect present. :D

Dom

Alf":2ep1gtgy said:
snip.... but this stuff gets up my nose and I hope maybe at least some folks may now understand why. 'pologies for the rant.

Cheers, Alf

Hello Alf.. from across the pond...

After reading this, I was up at the library and on the check-out shelf was a copy of "Woodworking 101 for Women". The authoress included how to talk-the-talk, as well as purchasing tools and using them, and woodworking projects.

Very topical, don't you think?

Back