Alexandra Palace looms

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Smart

Chestnut Products
Reaction score
Hi All

Just a reminder, if you're braving the elements to come to the show at the Ally Pally this weekend, feel free to drop by and say hello (and take away a free magazine or two!)
We're just by the entrance and we've suggested trying to have a big meet everyday at midday.

Tomorrow is setting up day so I probably won't see any replies to this, just hope to see you there!

Nice one Terry,

wished id of actually checked the dates rather than getting up the crack of a sparrows .... last Sunday, jumping in the car and getting half way down the M11 before I thought to check the dates with my phone :oops:

Dont nobody say a word ok!!! I got enough of that off SWMBO!!!!

See u sunday, again

Signal

Signal":4ozsdbis said:
Nice one Terry,

wished id of actually checked the dates rather than getting up the crack of a sparrows .... last Sunday, jumping in the car and getting half way down the M11 before I thought to check the dates with my phone :oops:

Dont nobody say a word ok!!! I got enough of that off SWMBO!!!!

See u sunday, again

Signal

Ho ho ho.

Adam*

*Blimey, not sure I'd have owned up myself!!!

Signal
Bloody funny!!
FWIW 2 years ago I got up a 4am packed the car with all my fishing gear, drove 80 miles, put my boat in the river, rowed 3 miles to my favourite weir pool to be told by my mate the lock keeper that the season did not start until the next week!
But it was a nice morning.........
My old lady just about passed out with laughter when I got back home.
Sympathetically yours
martin

Oh, Nick, what would I do without you and your misadventures?! If you didn't exist we'd have to invent you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Sympathetic really. No, I am, honest. Just amused too. :wink:

Alf,

I aim to please :)

I wont even start with the toast making event from last week which left me
with no hair on my chest and a big black sooty mark on the ceiling to paint out.

Signal

I'll be at Ally Pally on Sunday with my wife and daughter in the craft fare. I'll be wandering around on my own on the woody side. Looking forward to meeting some of the members

Dennis

I should be there on Friday, taking my Dad along. :D

I will be the one in clogs and with a beard but not a checked shirt :roll: if you ask nicely I'll show you my tap tap safety glasses. :shock:

Hi all
I Made it to the show today Sunday, not as big as other years. it was nice to meet H S and Jorden

PS
If you go to these shows go and see Terry at Chestnut Products he and his partner are nice people

CHRIS & SUE

Hi All
Well, I went to the show on Saturday with Waka (as previously threatened....). We had a really good day out (although no other members were there on the Sat :cry: ). The regular stars were there-Terry Chestnut (cheers for the mags Terry!), Martin Brimarc (thanks for planes!) the nice Clifton blokes (By 'eck! :wink: ) and tons of others!
There were a lot of demo's on and well set out with seating, etc. It was mainly of the turning variety (I prefer my bits of wood to keep still while I hack at 'em!) but it was nicely done.
Things were going well until lunchtime, when the "Charity Auction" started.
Needless to say, Waka was a bad influence and we came away with very cheap Festool, Trend and Woodrat shaped items, as well as magazine subscriptions. It was for Great Ormand so I can't moan. (although my C/C will!)
It was well worth going and we came away with some great bargains. I caught Waka creeping out to the car with a couple.....
ally1.jpg
]

Mind you, by the end of the day I was glad I took my estate car......

ally2.jpg

So, to conclude.
Ally Pally-a good day out, well organised.
And don't go to the show with Waka!!!! :twisted:
Cheers
Philly :D

That was some buying spree Philly and Waka :D

Looking forward to reviews/gloats :lol:

Glad you all made it and had a good time! Tried to travel in from the deepest darkest depths of Kent (well Faversham anyway) got kitted out and made it to the station through an inch of snow, only to find the trains were not running due to adverse weather :evil: Two hour delays minimum

Typically, this morning we had an inch and a half of snow and trains were running - managed to get to work only half an hour late :roll:

Never mind, there is always next year :wink:

Steve.

I actually made the pilgramage Saturday, but arrived a bit late due to fligh delays so missed meeting anyone - However, Philly you were lucky you had the estate car, I just squeaked getting back on the plane under the allowed luggage limit!

Was well worth the trip, or so I had to tell SWMBO, who just shook her head when she picked me up from the airport with the comment "I can't belive you had the cheek to take all that on Ryanair!"

I had a small run in the security who were skeptical about allowing cordless drills onto the airplane, what I was supposed to do with an uncharged cordless drill and no bit's is beyond me, but most of the stuff that happens at airport security is beyond me these days!

I'll certainly be making return trips to other shows, but next time I mught just take the car on the ferry :lol:

Les

We left in snow, which turned into a near blizzard north of Tunbridge Wells. I knew that the weather at the destination was OK, because I'd checked before leaving. Just over two hours and we're walking up the hill to the entrance, so not too bad.

I thought that the show was better than the last time I attended by a long shot, but not good enough to encourage me to go again. This could have something to do with my wanting to speak to the Triton guys about a guidebush kit for my router, only to find they pulled out of attending altogether a couple of days before (alleged management problems).

Never mind, I had a good old natter with Keith (BriMarc), met a couple of forum members and Jean enjoyed the craft fair in the West Hall. Uneventful journey home with one purchase (door lock jig) - didn't really justify the mileage! :cry:

Ray.

I was there on Sunday and after a bad start (nearly 3 hours to get there on the tube/buses due to a farcical series of London Transport blunders I won't bore you with) I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Sat in on a couple of Ron Fox's router masterclasses that were interesting and came away with a couple of small gadgets.
Caught myself lamenting that I hadn't turned up in a van with loads of cash, but I only would have left with a van full of stuff and no money, so maybe it was for the best... (nice one Philly/Waka! ) :)

It's certainly encouraged me to look out for other shows, for which I shall have to do some saving up, methinks...

V.

Latest posts

Back