Aldi/Workzone 1500w, 190mm Circular Saw. Anyone have one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one of these a couple of years ago. I used it once and put it back in the box. The blade wasn't running true to the frame. Fortunately it pulled into the off cut side. I was going to have a fiddle with it but had no time to do it. It might of been a Friday afternoon build.

I have one of these donated by the FIL. Its not bad actually, unlike Karlz mine does run true to the base.

However the pressed steel baseplate is particularly delicate, could definately do with using a heavier gauge steel to make it. As a result of this the corner of mine has bent up very slightly. This is probably fixable though.

I think it may be a good idea to put on a better blade and fit a false baseplate to it with cut a zero clearance saw kerf.
It could even be designed to run on a home made guide rail for quick breaking down of full sheets.

Thanks for the comments,

will1983, is the link I gave the exact same saw as yours? The description says Aluminium Base Plate?

I'm toying with the idea of using one in a Matthias Wandel stylee homemade table saw design as a secondary cut machine, 6-7mm recess in some 18mm Birch Ply with a sub-frame to bolster should give around 52mm depth of cut, and 1500w should be ample, could be useful ...

A lady behind me at the checkout had one, looked ok :| not as good as my 60 year old BnD saw built like a WW2 tank. 8)

Fairly sure this is a new model. Would be hard to beat for £30 that's for sure. Aldi are good at taking stuff back so you cant go wrong really.

Back