Aldi woodworking tools back : router/etc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random Orbital Bob":2r00z2hr said:
memzey":2r00z2hr said:
Yesterday I picked up the router (my first of any kind) the F clamp set, the large ratchet clamps, the belt clamp, some router bits and the pencils. I can safely say I am astounded with the quality of the router and the clamps for the money. I had no expectations of something so workable for such a small sum. I generally don't buy precision tools at the cheap and cheerful end of the market but as I didn't have a router and wanted something to experiment with I thought it would be worth the gamble at £25 and I have I say it has been. The clamps as well are really robustly made. Well worth buying if you have the chance IMHO.

Good man Memzey. I agree, that router is so cheap that even if it lasts for 6 months it almost owes you nothing as long as it cuts well enough. I confess to eyeballing the chippy pencils + sharpener with greed yesterday. Only when I realised I already have 2 packs did common sense finally overcome the insane desire to purchase more tools....my preciousssssssssssssssss :)

I too had a set of carpenters' pencils already but they are of the insanely poor forge steel brand from screwfix. Every one has so many breaks in the lead that by the time you get to a point you can actually use you will only have about 2 inches of pencil left! They are utter rubbish!

F clamps are simply outstanding and if they are back I'm baggin somemore. Also have a hot melt glue gun that's had a tough life still going strong.

There is little doubt that most of their stuff is better than the price suggests.

I bagged since of the f clamps, g clamps and the quick action jobbies and they all seem pretty good, only thing is they are a mix of sizes, not sure how useful a 3 inch g clamp will be... The f clamps are great, very solid and nice big handles, very meaty.

glynster":zvjl783e said:
I might get the sheet sander - I mean, how bad can it be - it's hardly a precision tool and since it will have to be covered by a 12 month warranty by law (some argue 2 years depending on how you interpret EU legislation) I know I will get 12 months use or an endless stream of them until I do. For me, if it's precise (a cutting tool) I spend a few bob and get (at the minimum) Bosch Green Series or better if I can afford it - but if it's a roughing tool like a sander, grinder or even arguably a jig saw, then I save money since it makes little difference to me.

I just bought an SIP biscuit jointer and boy do I have buyers remorse - just pure shoddy and not fit for purpose.

Usually all of Aldi Tools are covered by a 3 year Guarantee

fluffflinger":2hgi1mdk said:
F clamps are simply outstanding
+1 amazing value for money at £2 each. The quick actions ones seem pretty damn good too.

They're selling a Li-ion cordless multi tool (Bosch compatible) on Thursday for £39.99, that's got to be worth a punt too.

Back