Aldi wine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aldi do a lager called Galahad,£2.15 for a 4 pack its over 4% and its not bad at all they do a nice baileys knock off called ballycastle and I swear its better than the real one. I got a proper one this Xmas and it didn't match ballycastle. Now either its better or I drink far too much and my taste buds have changed accordingly :D

Lidl sell their own range of beers under the name "Hatherwoods" or similar. Apparently they're actually brewed by Shepherd Neame. I really like the "Red Rooster" and "Purple Panther", despite the silly names. At 1.19 for a 500ml bottle it's hard to beat. Now and again they have Shepherd Neame double stout for 1.49. Probably not to everyone's taste, but I love a drop of the dark stuff.

John Brown":1lafl060 said:
Lidl sell their own range of beers under the name "Hatherwoods" or similar. Apparently they're actually brewed by Shepherd Neame. I really like the "Red Rooster" and "Purple Panther", despite the silly names. At 1.19 for a 500ml bottle it's hard to beat. Now and again they have Shepherd Neame double stout for 1.49. Probably not to everyone's taste, but I love a drop of the dark stuff.

Yep, SN used to make special batches for Lidl and then they started a separate brand for the lidl beers as you mentioned. Some pretty good beers mostly and good value too.

Aldi do the same thing, I am pretty sure Marstons brew their beer for them, again under a different brand name. On the whole I have found the Aldi beer to be slightly better or at least more to my taste than the Lidl beers. My favourite from Aldi is the Wild Bill IPA, it's just over £1 for a 500ml bottle, very good flavour.

I liked the GnarlyFox “ new age lager” from Lidl. Every time we went my wife would put in two bottles for me (even if I’d had my weekly quota of beer) but for some reason they no longer get it so I’m back to just the weekly quota :( .

Mr_Pea":32rsr79h said:
Wine smine its Cider you want from Aldi.

Orchard Irish Apple Cider 85p per pint (568ml glass bottles)

Just as good as Magners.

How many blinking Orchards do they have in Ireland or do they buy them in ?
Before Magners closed the pressing plant for Cider apples at their production site in Shepton Mallet, the pressed juice of thousands of tonnes of Somerset apples was shipped to their plants in Ireland to make Cider.

If that seems a bit steep or your tool budget needs a boost,they also have a Portugese red for £4.99 that is excellent.The price difference covers most of the cost of a set of their pretty handy chisels.

If you like an Australian Shiraz then I can really recommend a bottle called Firemark which Tesco sell, it’s normally £8 but at the moment is on offer at £5 which is a proper bargain for a very tasty wine.

Back