Aldi Router Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RPM

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick note.

I saw a posting on here about Aldi selling said mentioned tables (sorry I can not remember who posted it but thanks).

A trip to the store was made today and I picked one up for £24.99.

What a bargain! I was in the process of trying to build my own table and it was turning into a bit of a mare.

Upon the box being opened I was presented with (IMO) a well packed and constructed table.
The table top is made from aluminium and the sturdy metal legs seem to make it very steady.

It also came with 5 (I think) inserts. Very handy.
It may not be the Rolls-Royce of tables but it suits me (newbie) just fine.

If anyone is thinking of getting one and wants a photo first, give me a shout.

Thanks

Went to my local Aldi on the way home tonight to have a look at them - sold out :(
No biscuit jointers :(
Plenty of routers and bit sets,though (don't need any more :( )

(Actually have a home-made router table that works well,so didn't need one,but would have bought one at that price :wink: )

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I did not see any Biscuit jointers, This was at 10am too!
They must have sold darn quick.

I have yet to use the table so my post may be updated (good or bad).
Anyhow, at least now I May be able to make my own table using this one. :wink: :D

There is nothing more satisfying than your own made table :D

At 4.30pm at our local Aldi they had no Biscuit jointers and the staff said they they received none - loads of routers but the tables were flying out I wanted the auger bit set.
Barry

Probably too late now but I was in Luton around lunchtime today a bit early to pick the outlaws up from the aiport. I called in to the Aldi next to the big B&Q and there were still plenty of routers tables and 3 biscuit jointers, well 2 when I'd left :D
I've had a quick play with my new tool and although I've never had one before it looks and feels pretty good for 23 quid.

cd

I popped down to my nearest branch this morning, only two biscuit jointers left but plenty of everything else.

I bought the auger set but beware you need a 1/2 chuck to use them.

Les

Got the router at 9:15 yesterday from a large pile - well you've got to at that price haven't you - no sign of the BJs whatsoever though, I don't think they shipped to all stores.

Mark

Can some one tell us what the build quality is like?

A lot of cheaper routers seem to only plunge if you press on the correct side. The other side just jams the plunge. How are the aldi ones?

Bath Road, Reading have everything except the biscuit jointer.

I've come away £80 lighter, but with a router, extra bits, table, circular saw and auger bits. Amazing value. How do they do it? :D

I've had cheap stuff before and the only thing I got that classed as a bargin was a cheap cordless drill that lasted 8years ................. I tried the cheap options after this and I've never been happy with them

the last one was the cheap router + table from B and Q .......... pain to assemble and it was total rubbish ........... and the spindle failed on the router
took it back to B and Q got my money back and put it towards a Triton

So I've now given up on cheap bargin like this ........... I personally rather save the cash for better kit

But if your just getting into this hobby it does make it a bit easier on the pocket

I have had one of they planer for a few years and I have been very happy with :D and not bad for £13 :wink:

Plenty of Biscuit Jointers, Router tables and circular saws at Kidderminster branch.

Got a BJ as a birthday pressie- can't play with it until my birthday though :cry: . Can anyone tell me if they takse standard biscuits.

Happy hunting

Andrew

nickson71":24w0u5ek said:
I
the last one was the cheap router + table from B and Q .......... pain to assemble and it was total rubbish ........... and the spindle failed on the router
took it back to B and Q got my money back and put it towards a Triton

So I've now given up on cheap bargin like this ........... I personally rather save the cash for better kit
I bought a B&Q Performance Pro table saw and after 18 months of mis- use took it back to B&Q and got my money back and bought a Triton saw - then more Triton from E bay. Aldi and Lidi are in a different world to B&Q - some - sorry most of their cheapies last far beyond the price you pay and some even have a 2 or 3 year warranty and if DOA they give you you money back.
In most cases they are worth a second look.
Barry

Back