Aldi Pulls Out The Stops...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smudger

Established Member
Reaction score
Aldi have gone tool-crazy!

February 14th Specials:
Set of 4 'professional' chisels (8,10, 12, 24mm) - £7.99
Set of files - £7.99
Table/Suction Vice (perhaps it sucks) - £5.49
3-4 piece plier sets - £4.99
'Household Assortments' (screws, hooks, washers, odds) - £1.79 (in small plastic box which might be worth it for modellers et al)
Plasterboard/MDF screws - £4.99
Digital Caliper - £8.99 (the usual one)
And ironing boards and stuff.

February 18th Specials:
160W combi-tool (Dremel clone) with stand, table clamp, flexible extension - £12.99 (I've heard good things about these - I'm going to treat myself)
Set of accessories for same - £2.99
57 Hobby Knives set - £4.99
Also CCTV stuff, padlocks, artists materials, dynamo torch (they're great), Xenon torch, Lavish Flower Arrangement, 3 tier greenhouse and what appears to be a small and rather attractive dog. Though that might be an error on my part. Oh, and a nifty hobby storage case for £3.99, though if it's anything like the ones I bought in Lidl it will look like someone's clogdanced on it.

Aldi France have got the sucky vice thing for €6.49 and some 'anti-odeur' insoles at the bargain price of €1.19 the pair.

Lidl France aren't really trying at the moment, and unless they buck up will find themselves scratched from the fixture.

February 14th Specials:
Set of 4 'professional' chisels (8,10, 12, 24mm) - £7.99
TOO EXPENSIVE (SEE LIDL)

Set of files - £7.99
UTTER rubbish

Table/Suction Vice (perhaps it sucks) - £5.49
DITTO

3-4 piece plier sets - £4.99
NO IDEA

'Household Assortments' (screws, hooks, washers, odds) - £1.79 (in small plastic box which might be worth it for modellers et al)
ALL TOTAL rubbish

Digital Caliper - £8.99 (the usual one)
VERY GOOD BUY

And ironing boards and stuff.
NO IDEA -what ironing is it something women do?

February 18th Specials:
160W combi-tool (Dremel clone) with stand, table clamp, flexible extension - £12.99 (I've heard good things about these - I'm going to treat myself)
WILL GET ONE OF THESE - bought one a few years back but the extension thing is going. I give this a real thrashing sharpening chainsaw blades

I noticed there are clip-on gooseneck lights coming up at Lidl for £4

lurker":1jdhp3vy said:
ALL TOTAL rubbish

Lidl did\do something similar - bought a few, car fuses in one, heat shrink tubing in another, split pins in another and metric nuts in a fourth. Absolutely zero use in wood working, but mighty useful if you tinker with cars. They about £3.

Back