Aldi emulsion paint?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That would work

Established Member
Reaction score
I need some emulsion for my the walls of my new workshop. Aldi are selling buckets of it (magnolia!) pretty cheap. Has anybody used it? any good?

Prepare to coat 3 times.

Personally I'll only but trade top quality emulsion nowadays. Be it Johnstones or Dulux

The most expensive part of any decorating job is time, not paint. Buy a good quality paint, save time and save money.
I like Armstead, trade version of Dulux.

+1 for buying a decent tin of dulux, leyland etc. I bought a mixer tap from Aldi for the downstairs loo which looked the part and only cost 20 quid or so. Within a few months the chrome was lifting, not a huge deal. Roll on to the day before yesterday when the wife quite firmly requires my presence as the loo has turned into a high pressure "water feature". One of the Aldi flexible tails had rusted all the way through. I kid you not, in 18 months it had rusted all the way through. Thank heavens for tile floors over concrete!

Buy cheap, get cr*ap. I may have misremembered that maxim, but you get the gist.

Nice olives, though.

gog64":9tqg1dyk said:
+1 for buying a decent tin of dulux, leyland etc. I bought a mixer tap from Aldi for the downstairs loo which looked the part and only cost 20 quid or so. Within a few months the chrome was lifting, not a huge deal. Roll on to the day before yesterday when the wife quite firmly requires my presence as the loo has turned into a high pressure "water feature". One of the Aldi flexible tails had rusted all the way through. I kid you not, in 18 months it had rusted all the way through. Thank heavens for tile floors over concrete!

Buy cheap, get cr*ap. I may have misremembered that maxim, but you get the gist.

Nice olives, though.

Not being funny but when I've fixed damaged flexi hoses it's because they were twisted/kinked during fitting. It's the rubber inside that splits which in turn damahed the metal outside of the house. I've no experience of Aldi ones that I know of though.

It would be interesting to know if anybody who has replied to the original question has any experience of using Aldi paint or are they just biased against it because it is cheap. I can't recommended it or not because I have never tried it.

I have no experience of Aldi emulsion, but all the brands above I have used and need at least three coats, more if covering dark colour.

Try it and let us know the results.

It's for your workshop. Just use it.

I used Aldi's magnolia on the plasterboard in my workshop - turned out to be magnolia paint...

Yes it needed a couple of coats, but so would anything.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

if thas has to coat thrice as much times, then surely it would be worth paying thrice as much and only coating one and a half times? then it equalises itself out but you've used up half the time.

Back