Aldi Clamps On Sale.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteG

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't see these clamps in store last week, but today they were on sale for £2.09 per pack. I'm going to have a little play and if they
seem OK, might pop back for a few more at that price....

Aldi Clamps.jpg

Attachments

• Aldi Clamps.jpg
    Aldi Clamps.jpg
    1,007.5 KB · Views: 440
LancsRick":fjx3gucs said:
They're great, I've been waiting for them to reappear in my local.

I've just had a play with them Rick and they're much better quality than I thought they'd. The yellow plastic grip caps could do
with being made from something a little softer to improve grip, but other than that I think they're great. I'll pop back tomorrow
for a couple more larger ones :D

thanks for the headsup, I got some last year and they're really good clamps especially for the money, could do with a few more.

I hop[e they are better quality than Lidl. I bought four from there and three failed in a matter of weeks.

I have bought some stuff from Lidl.
It has all, without fail, been junk. I'm all for a bargain, but junk is junk regardless of price.
I suspect its all made by silverline. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I snapped the handles off 5 of these in about month when they were on sale last summer. I wouldn't bother buying them again.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

In my experience, there are two distinct designs of quick clamps. One has the button release, and the moveable handle on one side (can't remember right now whether towards the clamped item or away), and the other design (Irwin, for example) has the moveable handle on the other side, and the release is a lever. Type a wear out rapidly, but are cheaper to produce.

AJB Temple":fz6txpd3 said:
I have these. I regard them as next best thing to useless for any kind of tight glue up.
Agreed; any of these cramps don't offer nearly enough pressure for a tight glue up, but a few are very handy in the 'shop when you need a cramp(s) that can only be used single handed - Rob

I've stopped getting any tool type things from those sort of places. I haven't had anything that lasts any length of time! It's all chucked in a corner waiting to be put to other uses.

I purchased these Aldi clamps last year and have found them very good.
Maybe I was lucky but none of mine have ever failed on any project I’ve used them on
I was thinking of buying another set when they are next in.
as they say you can’t have too many cramps...

woodbloke66":13s02n8u said:
AJB Temple":13s02n8u said:
I have these. I regard them as next best thing to useless for any kind of tight glue up.
Agreed; any of these cramps don't offer nearly enough pressure for a tight glue up, but a few are very handy in the 'shop when you need a cramp(s) that can only be used single handed - Rob

The only thing they are any use for is for holding cauls and load spreaders in place whilst you fiddle with sash clamps. Otherwise they're useless.

I bought some (button type) which I have used all the time for two or three years with no problem

This year saw they had more on offer thinking they were the same as the previous, but these were the lever type which I found to be a pain to use

If the button type came up again I would get more but would avoid the lever type

Back