Aldi bench sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJC1972

Established Member
Reaction score
https://www.aldi.co.uk/p/014017270718800

Anyone got one of these?

Looks similar to Rutland’s one but quite a few quid cheaper. Thinking of getting one to replace the detestable hunk of tish that is my SIP sander, which is undoubtedly the very worst power tool I have had the misfortune to buy.

I have the SIP version and have no problems with it. I very much doubt that the Aldi version will suit your requirements if the SIP hasent.

Perhaps I was just unlucky with the SIP then. It was barely used for the first year or two but it soon developed a habit of juddering horrendously when put under even the slightest of loads and then eventually chucking the belt of the pulley when put under a little more load. Nearly every time I used the damn thing it resulted in a full strip down to get the belt back on and despite my best efforts to sort the problem it continues to cause me nothing but agro.

It looks almost identical to an unbranded one I bought for slightly more £ a few years ago. I have not used it much but it does get used and has not had any problems. Mine has the limitations of any cheap tool in terms of flimsy fences etc on the disk sander but it does the jobs I ask of it. I have not had to change the belt yet but I need to as it is getting a bit worn. There is a cover that needs to be unscrewed to allow the belt to come off, only four screws I think.

HJC1972":3l8wvt02 said:
https://www.aldi.co.uk/p/014017270718800

Anyone got one of these?

Looks similar to Rutland’s one but quite a few quid cheaper. Thinking of getting one to replace the detestable hunk of tish that is my SIP sander, which is undoubtedly the very worst power tool I have had the misfortune to buy.

Time to fess up, I think. I got into the workshop today and cast my eye over my bench sander only to realise that I'd slanderd the SIP brand a little here. The sander I actually have is a Sealey, so I take back all I said about SIP.

Latest posts

Back