Aldi Bandsaw ( new model) coming soon. Buy it or choose other model

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s what I got as well, hope I get my refund said it could be up to 10 days it’s been 4 . I will never use Aldi or Lidl again for online shopping, I was told it had been delivered 16 times and it never was even delivered once. 👎

🤞 you get the refund. I've had an email today after accepting a 20% partial refund which also stated "up to 10 days" - but that seems to be a standard statement.
I'm in agreement with you regards Aldi but Lidl have been good in refunding for one of their Corded Brad Nail/Stapler guns... and something else I can't remember what - shop bought admittedly and not on line - which had issues with the screws in the faceplate keep coming loose and even stripping the threads. I've posted elsewhere in the forum about that and trying to get some replacement screws. Now, if I had similar issues with anything bought from Lidl online it could be different.

Looking for advice - which height do people think is best to work with a bandsaw. I’m planning to build a cabinet on wheels to mount my saw. Trying to work out is waist or shoulder height better.
You may have to mock something up to see what height you prefer as the height will also affect your view of the work, not so much an issue for straight cuts but may be for curves.

I have mine with the table slightly below the bottom of my sternum/breastbone - that works well for me as I find it allows decent access for hands when cutting curves etc. while still having a good view from above so that I can follow my cut line while ensuring that I keep my fingers away from the blade.

When I had a problem with my earlier Aldi Bandsaw I contacted Scheppach to get a spare part and they catagorically denied having anything to do with Aldi, and the actual part I needed was slighlty different to the one shown on the Scheppach maual.
Aldi may just be purchasing items directly off the "generic" manufacturer in China?

That's strange, isn't it?
I bought their HBS20 band saw - max cutting height 80mm, max width 200mm, fine for my purposes - and the manual lists the "sales support" contact as [email protected].
How many suppliers have they got?!

This years is definitely a Scheppach - Aldi gave me the warranty details as [email protected]

Not convinced they are seconds either - the different door colour suggests they were made specifically for Aldi and Amazon reviews of the Scheppach model show the same 'bent base' issue there. It could be that they order in bulk to service the European market as well as the UK and that makes the order into the thousands rather than a couple of hundred.

The door isn’t overpainted by any chance? That would suggest recycled seconds.

Just had my order refunded.

I'll be absolutely honest; If this came up again next year and I hadn't found a good secondhand one at that point, I'd still take a punt.

I don't understand why they corrier them out why not deliver to store? Then you buy more from store?!

Perhaps needs an email to head of logistics?

Cheers James

I don't understand why they corrier them out why not deliver to store? Then you buy more from store?!

Perhaps needs an email to head of logistics?

Cheers James
They're quite a bulky item and they'd take up valuable floor space for smaller items that shift in larger quantities I would think.

Well, I finally found an afternoon to spend fiddling with mine. As a complete newby with such machinery, I decided to leave the supplied blade on to avoid destroying my nice Tuffsaws blade with my ham-fisted efforts. I followed the tips on here (Cheers 🍻) and used the Snodgrass method from Youtube. Despite some schoolboy errors and Doh! moments I managed to get it set up and running.
I consider myself to have been very lucky here, because it cuts square and straight and I'm chuffed to bits with it.
I feel for everyone that received a dud, and I hope you have better luck in future. Rest assured I have bought some duff kit in my my time.

@Footplate2012 It's not a duff product but a decent one at a competitive price when compared to others let down by a company with a customer service department that isn't interested in their customers enough when things go wrong with damaged goods delivered by another company that also doesn't.

As they wouldn't publish my review - which I posted here - I was going to put one on Trust Pilot but after reading the reviews already there didn't because Aldi aren't interested. That's obvious because they haven't responded to ANY of the reviews there for over 12 months. Truly deplorable.

Although I accepted a partial refund of 20%, what should be £30, they don't round up to 2 decimal points so insisted it was £29.99 (29.998) - only .002p I know but... I accepted it to be done with the matter but that customer service guy lost all future business from me. The refund will be used to get the blades from TuffSaws 😉

They could learn a lot about customer service from Von Haus. I recently bought a battery operated nail gun from them that had one of the two hex keys missing. As they couldn't supply one they offered a partial refund of 10% = £18 without ANY argument.

Have you been in touch with Ian or someone else at TuffSaws? Ian was very helpful when I posted to them for information on which blades would be best for the machine.

No I didn't (on purpose). I knew he was there to help if I needed but a big part of this for me was better understanding of the blades / saw interactions perhaps as a jump to a much larger bandsaw at some point in the future. I wanted to learn it myself (research engineer by profession). I am sure Ian's advice would be the best way to do this for others but hopefully my learning does not contradict him too much! This saw does everything I need other than a 6 to 12" plank resaw and atm i am not sure if I will ever need this.

No I didn't (on purpose). I knew he was there to help if I needed but a big part of this for me was better understanding of the blades / saw interactions perhaps as a jump to a much larger bandsaw at some point in the future. I wanted to learn it myself (research engineer by profession). I am sure Ian's advice would be the best way to do this for others but hopefully my learning does not contradict him too much! This saw does everything I need other than a 6 to 12" plank resaw and atm i am not sure if I will ever need this.

Okay... understand. I was just wondering because of the information Ian gave me about 1/2" blades and the Premium *seemed* to be the best... from my earlier posting:

1/2" Premium blades run on it with no problems as they are made from slightly thinner material than standard blades. Again I have run 1/2" Carbon on it but felt it was pushing it - never had a problem with the 1/2" Premium though. The continually adjusting of the 1/2" could be down to a number of things - type of 1/2" blade, position of blade on the top wheel, tracking, guide set up etc. "

I hasten to add that I've yet to buy any of them as I've been waiting to sort out with Aldi. Glad to hear that the saw is showing good potential for what you want it for 👍

Hi. Does anyone have a manual that they could scan? Or the assembly pages. I’m still waiting for Aldi to help mine came without a manual as the box was so damaged. They have given me a partial refund but I need the manual to assemble

Hi. Does anyone have a manual that they could scan? Or the assembly pages. I’m still waiting for Aldi to help mine came without a manual as the box was so damaged. They have given me a partial refund but I need the manual to assemble

Post number 71 on p.4 of this thread also has a link to a pdf version of the Scheppach manual.

Finally had time to unpack mine, and I'm one of the lucky ones... nothing bent, nothing broken, and as far as I can tell, nothing missing (but that will only be confirmed when I actually assemble it)

Couple of things...

First,
finally found the time to unpack set-up the BS... one of the lucky ones, package was intact as were the contents.
Found set-up straight forward (thanks to all for your pointers) (had 2 or 3 mis-labelled diagrams in my instruction booklet that caused some head scratching before finally figuring it out!!).
The mitre guide is pretty poor and it fouls on the extending table (bit of fettling needed to sort that out next) and the insert being lower than the table is a pain when dealing with small pieces but all in all it is pretty good, TBH, I think for the price it is great value.

Second,
Tuffsaws... kudos. Their web site said they were closed from 4pm on Wednesday 22nd... I ordered my blades on Thu 23rd at 10:40am... fully expecting them to show up in the new year as I was well after the cut-off... after a flurry of automated order update emails yesterday afternoon (which I took little notice of) the blades arrived in the post today... Fri 24th :D ... someone @ Tuffsaws clearly working just for the fun of it !!! Hats off to them, means I can put in one of their premium blades and do some serious cutting in those 3 days between Xmas and New Year.

Back