Aldi Bandsaw ( new model) coming soon. Buy it or choose other model

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a couple photos from mine. The damaged corner is the front left.

It is about half an inch bent. I have checked everything else out and it seems that it has not damaged the rest of the saw. Ideally I want a replacement rather than a refund, but since replacements aren't possible, I think I might have to begrudgingly take refund of some currently undetermined percentage from Aldi. I'm still awaiting their reply.

Looking through trust pilot feedback, it is very clear that they are trying to manipulate their trust pilot score, what a gross company.

Their website and app seem to have been written by the bosses son as a summertime project too.

Attachments

• ferrrex-bandsaw-01.jpeg
    ferrrex-bandsaw-01.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 51
  • ferrex-bandsaw-02.jpeg
    ferrex-bandsaw-02.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 11.59.53.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 11.59.53.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 51
The base on mine has a similar bend - probably about 1/2" if I measured. Box looked fine so I doubt it's damage in transit - just poor QC at the factory.

Setting up has been 'interesting'! Using the Alex Snodgrass method of centring the gullet on the top wheel, the blade is almost running off the bottom wheel. Also finding the side guides at the top can only go so far forward before they hit the guard. Seems to cut fine with only a little wandering but it may need more tension and better adjustment of the guides.

Don't want to put too much effort into adjusting it when it may just be a poor blade but what is everyone else's experience so far?

Looking like mine - photos further up the thread.

I fully support getting *everyone* here to get in touch with Aldi customer service ( [email protected]) Using the email address would probably be easier instead of the Web page "contact" form - - - I had issues with it and gave up after four tries.

The base on mine has a similar bend - probably about 1/2" if I measured. Box looked fine so I doubt it's damage in transit - just poor QC at the factory.

Setting up has been 'interesting'! Using the Alex Snodgrass method of centring the gullet on the top wheel, the blade is almost running off the bottom wheel. Also finding the side guides at the top can only go so far forward before they hit the guard. Seems to cut fine with only a little wandering but it may need more tension and better adjustment of the guides.

Don't want to put too much effort into adjusting it when it may just be a poor blade but what is everyone else's experience so far?

I used the Alex Snodgrass method also, but fortunately 2 of my ordered blades arrived before Aldi. I fitted a 1/4" tuff saw premium, only played with short lengths but seems very accurate. It will be good to try a 3/8" or even a !/2" if possible.

Just noticed, by accident, that I’ve received an email from xdp stating that they’ve 1. JUST tried to deliver 2. as per agreed delivery slot, 3. got no answer and so have left a card……hmmmmm……

three things wrong there….1. I’m sat here (have been about since about 8am) and can see the front door and unless they have cloaking devices they haven’t been here……2. Nope, that was supposed to be yesterday afternoon and 3. Nope they haven’t.

Their email states that to rearrange delivery you HAVE to use their app (no other way) and so I’ve just had to download it, setup an account, verify the account via email click, log back in then…….hold on, there’s actually NO WAY of rearranging the delivery as the app doesn’t provide this!

I then resorted to ringing Aldi customer service who openly stated that “xdp’s carded delivery was probably a lie”….(great, but doesn’t help me at all). Also said that they will email them but xdp have 3 days to reply!!!!!

My biggest concern is that they send the bandsaw back to aldi and, because of very low stocks I may then lose the chance of ever getting it.

Sorry, but needed somewhere to have a rant!

😰😰😰😰

My biggest concern is that they send the bandsaw back to aldi and, because of very low stocks I may then lose the chance of ever getting it.

Sorry, but needed somewhere to have a rant!

😰😰😰😰

we feel your pain, we really do. Shame that , QC issues aside, your experience of Aldi and this bandsaw has been damaged by some god awful courier. I love the cloaking device comment :) Bloody klingons have a lot to answer ;)

This video popped up

Look at 5 mins in and even she has ordered one from Aldi :) Lets hope hers wasn't delivered by XDP !!

ouch some of them bends are quite bad! I'd be definitely complaining to aldi if it was me about the poor delivery service, hopefully they'll see sense and stop using XDP for other projects, I'll even put a complaint in if you want.

I just called aldi, its been a couple days since raised an issue via their web form.

They are able to give up to a 20% refund, which is the largest they can give. I said I will test my machine and think about it and get back to them in a couple days.

I then discussed XDP and how a number of mates (you lot here) around the country have also had issues with them, and that if he looked on the review of bandsaw on the website, that there is someone else begging aldi not to use xdp that has been liked 14 times by other people. I asked him to raise this upwards as this reflects really poorly on aldis reputation, which he'll try and do.

So far my saw seems pretty functional otherwise, but I'll test it throughly before accepting the refund.

I asked the chap who would pick up the bandsaw if I decided to return it, he quickly said "not XDP" - thankfully - imagine having to have a second dose of hassle from them?

I'm not sure how I can bend it back, I don't really have the tools for that. I might have to find some other way to deal with it.

Bandsaw delivered late last night after chasing Aldi.

Opened this morning to the same bent base issue as others here. I've contacted Aldi about it. I don't know why Aldi insist on using (in my experience) poor couriers like XDP and Hermes.

Looked again - my base isn’t bent as much but still bent. Emailed Aldi about it.

After a good hour plus of fettling I’ve come to the conclusion I may have a dud. Blade drifts towards the fence no matter what - checked and the blade is actually aligned at an angle. Tried blade centred, teeth centred (wheel tilts so far it fouls the door catch and 3/4 of the blade is hanging off the lower wheel) and teeth overhanging the front edge. Same issue.

The blade is also very close to the front of the table slot, again regardless of setup. So much so the thrust bearings can’t reach it, and the side rollers are only able to reach the back 3mm of the blade.

Can’t decide if it’s me or if the machine is just a dud.

I was considering getting the Ferrex Bench Sander... until this fiasco. Thinking I need to e-mail Greg @ Aldi CS and tell him that they could loose the sale.

I also got the bench sander saturday or sunday last week. It came by yodel to me. The picture on the aldi website is not accurate. It is grey, but me and a couple others had this one arrived.

Here is what it looks like. Its a rebadged scheppach, they are the ones that provide support for it.

ferrex-bts900.jpeg

Hello peeps, so I got mine earlier this week but only just got the chance to open it today and unfortunately it's wonky! Like previous posts I can only assume its been dropped and the impact has warped the base plate.

So the question is - is there a work around?

I need the saw for a project I need to finish before Christmas! So a return for a refund isn't a particularly attractive option. I've been offered a 15% refund (has anyone been offered more?) Which is a little pointless if the tool can't be used. I assume if I was to finish the construction and switch it on it would wobble and vibrate all over the place. My concern is - has the impact put the entire unit out of alignment?

Any advice and guidance on questions would be much appreciated
1. Is there a way to correct or work around the damage to the base plate?
2. Has the warped base put the rest of the saw out of alignment?
3. Is it worth keeping the saw and trying to work around the problems or should I just return it for a refund and spend the extortionate amount for a proper brand?
Many thanksView attachment 122990View attachment 122991
Inside my very damaged box was something looking a lot like yours. I contacted Aldi who have made a partial refund as I have tested and I can get the table square and everything else seems at the right angles ( forgive the pun) - test cut with supplied blade worked fine and I have tuff saw dispatched so I am going to work with mine. Planned to mount it on a large block of wood for clamping so stacking up washers should do the trick to balance up the corners. Then I can clamp the base anywhere. Still have a 3-year warranty if anything else goes wrong. For me the motor and vfm overall and the fact this is my first bandsaw made it a keeps.

6ECCCC99-1F55-4F87-B194-2D8FFCA41FB8.jpeg082F3583-7B8B-4D81-A4ED-920136E25AEE.jpeg4E869594-2686-46DA-BBEB-5EB765F6EE33.jpeg

Inside my very damaged box was something looking a lot like yours. I contacted Aldi who have made a partial refund as I have tested and I can get the table square and everything else seems at the right angles ( forgive the pun) - test cut with supplied blade worked fine and I have tuff saw dispatched so I am going to work with mine. Planned to mount it on a large block of wood for clamping so stacking up washers should do the trick to balance up the corners. Then I can clamp the base anywhere. Still have a 3-year warranty if anything else goes wrong. For me the motor and vfm overall and the fact this is my first bandsaw made it a keeps.

View attachment 123069View attachment 123070View attachment 123071

Good to hear you've managed to sort the base to rectify the damage - as much as possible anyway - and you're able to work with it 👍

I heard back tonight with an offer of £22.50 - 15%... IF mine was just the bent/damaged base I'd probably accept it *but* I've also got the very poor quality of the wheels and the sharp residue of the poor casting to sort. I've responded accordingly that some here have mentioned an offer of 20% for their damaged units - yet to accept (unless in between time they have now). I'm now waiting to hear back having asked the guy to go and discuss accordingly with his manager/s.

I'm now thinking of returning the unit and stating I want a *full* refund including the delivery charge as I don't see why I should pay to have damaged goods delivered. I was considered getting a bench sander but now...😕

I also got the bench sander saturday or sunday last week. It came by yodel to me. The picture on the aldi website is not accurate. It is grey, but me and a couple others had this one arrived.

Here is what it looks like. Its a rebadged scheppach, they are the ones that provide support for it.

View attachment 123066
Way things are at the moment I'd be telling them to collect and replace as the one being advertised and shown on line. Sorry @southendwoodworker but I'm feeling a wee bit *annoyed* with Aldi. I think, legally, they call it misleading advertising - or something like that *unless* it is displayed in a prominent position you may get a different unit?

Last edited:
The site probably states E&OE in relation to images of goods shown to avoid liability for getiting something in a different colour

I just called aldi, its been a couple days since raised an issue via their web form.

They are able to give up to a 20% refund, which is the largest they can give. I said I will test my machine and think about it and get back to them in a couple days.

I then discussed XDP and how a number of mates (you lot here) around the country have also had issues with them, and that if he looked on the review of bandsaw on the website, that there is someone else begging aldi not to use xdp that has been liked 14 times by other people. I asked him to raise this upwards as this reflects really poorly on aldis reputation, which he'll try and do.

So far my saw seems pretty functional otherwise, but I'll test it throughly before accepting the refund.

I asked the chap who would pick up the bandsaw if I decided to return it, he quickly said "not XDP" - thankfully - imagine having to have a second dose of hassle from them?

I'm not sure how I can bend it back, I don't really have the tools for that. I might have to find some other way to deal with it.

I had a call offering £30 + a £5 goodwill voucher. I haven't put the thing together, let alone tested it yet. Will work on it over the next couple of days to see if I send it back or not. Like another poster has said, it's still got the 3 year warranty and if it's good despite the base I'll keep it.

I just got a response from Aldi - advising how to return it for a refund if I want to. No partial refund offered.

I'm not sure if I want to try and make it work or not but a partial refund would have made it a more palatable option.

I just got a response from Aldi - advising how to return it for a refund if I want to. No partial refund offered.

I'm not sure if I want to try and make it work or not but a partial refund would have made it a more palatable option.

Did you send photos? Possibly luck of the draw depending on the CS agent?

Back