Aldi Bandsaw ( new model) coming soon. Buy it or choose other model

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived today - no damage - phew! Started assembling it, OK until adding the plate extension. Wouldn't slide on. So took faceplate off saw and tried again. One one side there is a little, less than an inch, piece of track held by 2 screws. This was fouling the runner. Took it off and now extension slides on correctly. Very awkward refitting the table. I'm leaving it now till the morning. I'll try again then with a less frustrated head.

Just had mine delivered - looks like the box also doubles as a football :oops:
Have taken multiple pictures of the damage - so far only seems to be the box and packaging - Aldi CS have been great so far - will see what they say.
Means I now have to put it together asap to see if anything is bent/damaged or missing - I found my instructions half way down the driveway as they had fallen out of the gaping end of the box :D - bit of luck otherwise it would have been even harder to assemble!
IMG_8300[1].JPGIMG_8309[1].JPGIMG_8299[1].JPG

So much for the Xmas present idea.... Aldi CS say they dont compensate for damaged boxes if the contents survive.

Last edited:
Mine arrived this evening- driver was from DHL so it maybe got better treatment on the way here 😂. Box looks ok - will hopefully get it out tonight.

Someone said TuffSaws are out of 3/8”? Website doesn’t say that - did they email after an order?

So I've finished fitting the saw table, checked everything for squareness. Done a test cut. I'm well pleased. This should be very useful and do all I want. Thanks for the head up on this saw finally being in stock guys.

I'll leave it now till after Christmas as it's my useful for once christmas present. I've already identified one use. Pen blanks can now be purchased in planks and trimmed up myself. Much cheaper.

The worlds grumpiest delivery driver just turned up with this! Due 26th, delivered 30th with no help on app! At least it made it before the saw blades (which are on route).

Last edited:
This thread has almost spawned a second sub thread about XDP . They really seem to be the worst courier service to date , and now have taken the crown from the god awful Yodel who held the title for many years !
On my part when I didn't receive my parcel on friday, I contacted support at XDP and although it was outside business hours ( ie saturday ) I did expect a reply from them on monday. Yeah fat chance of that and then the guy rocked up on monday anyway so I wasn't bothered. But given the state of some the packages that you guys have been receiving it seems Aldi have matched their low low prices with their choice of courier.

I mean this comment just sums it all up

"Aldi CS say they dont compensate for damaged boxes if the contents survive."

Problem with that statement is that many of the saws seem to be damaged in transit and not by manufacturing defects but unless you open it up in front of the courier you will never know. I now wonder what mine will be like come xmas day when I get to open the box and set it up.

Mine arrived this evening- driver was from DHL so it maybe got better treatment on the way here 😂. Box looks ok - will hopefully get it out tonight.

Someone said TuffSaws are out of 3/8”? Website doesn’t say that - did they email after an order?
This is what I get when I put it in the basket
1638271940912.png

First batch of saw blades here. Not tried them yet obviously but have to say faultless transaction. P and P seems especially reasonable and here fast. Quality seems excellent to the touch (seams / sharpness etc). Got to say Tuffsaws has impressed even if XDP did not!

PS Sorry if i caused them to run out!!

This thread has almost spawned a second sub thread about XDP . They really seem to be the worst courier service to date , and now have taken the crown from the god awful Yodel who held the title for many years !
On my part when I didn't receive my parcel on friday, I contacted support at XDP and although it was outside business hours ( ie saturday ) I did expect a reply from them on monday. Yeah fat chance of that and then the guy rocked up on monday anyway so I wasn't bothered. But given the state of some the packages that you guys have been receiving it seems Aldi have matched their low low prices with their choice of courier.

I mean this comment just sums it all up

"Aldi CS say they dont compensate for damaged boxes if the contents survive."

Problem with that statement is that many of the saws seem to be damaged in transit and not by manufacturing defects but unless you open it up in front of the courier you will never know. I now wonder what mine will be like come xmas day when I get to open the box and set it up.

@swisstony I think I'd be opening up to check with all the discussion here about the damaged ones received - and telling "the boss" why it needs to be checked. It can always be put back in the box for Christmas day opening 😉

I ended up phoning Aldi CS this morning as I'd not received any acknowledgement of my email contact attempt. The guy I spoke with was quite helpful and emailed me so I could then send photos direct to him... I'm now waiting a response. He acknowledged they wouldn't have stock to replace and that the option would be to return for a refund "OR" if I could "live with it" then a partial refund - to be determined/authorised by a manager or such. Nothing said about no compensation for damaged boxes...

From his email, a part *I* have made bold and underlined, states:
"We are sorry to learn the Ferrex Bandsaw has arrived damaged and apologise for the level of service you have received from the courier.

I would like to reassure you that Aldi will continue to insist on the highest standards from our couriers and we shall closely monitor the performance of this particular courier.

In order for us to look into this further, can you please reply to this email with images of the damaged product. Once the images have been received, a member of our team will review this and contact you further."

I'd have to say - because of the number of damaged units reported here *and* the wide spread area for damaged ones - I can't help but wonder if the damages are down to the courier OR prior to them getting them?... Wondering if the delay was due to the fiasco in the Suez which delayed quite a lot of stuff??? Could that ship turning in the canal have dislodged the cargo - some being these bandsaws? - and caused the damages...? Something we'll never know.

I had text at 1605 on Friday, telling me my saw would be delivered that day between 1130 and 1330...
Needless to say, it wasn't. But it did arrive on Saturday morning. The box looks ok apart from where the straps have dug into it. I can't set it up yet because the garage is full of bathroom suite. But having seen these reports of damage, I'll get it all out at the weekend for a thorough check over. Thanks for the heads up.

Hello peeps, so I got mine earlier this week but only just got the chance to open it today and unfortunately it's wonky! Like previous posts I can only assume its been dropped and the impact has warped the base plate.

So the question is - is there a work around?

I need the saw for a project I need to finish before Christmas! So a return for a refund isn't a particularly attractive option. I've been offered a 15% refund (has anyone been offered more?) Which is a little pointless if the tool can't be used. I assume if I was to finish the construction and switch it on it would wobble and vibrate all over the place. My concern is - has the impact put the entire unit out of alignment?

Any advice and guidance on questions would be much appreciated
1. Is there a way to correct or work around the damage to the base plate?
2. Has the warped base put the rest of the saw out of alignment?
3. Is it worth keeping the saw and trying to work around the problems or should I just return it for a refund and spend the extortionate amount for a proper brand?
Many thanks
20211130_185457.jpg
20211130_185439.jpg

@kgill They've yet to give me a definite offer but the guy I spoke with *thought it wouldn't be more than just over £22... so maybe the 15% you mention.

If time is an issue for the job you could try packing the base to get some sort of level - and bolt it down to a fixed surface... the manual does say it should be fixed down so it can't move. I've tried cutting with mine and it seems to work. Blade runs and saw table etc., checks as square...

The other thing you could try - which I'm considering - is to place something under the base near the bend, fix the other end down to a solid base (bench top), so the base is up at an angle, with the bent end near the edge and use a clamp resting on the upward bent base area and under the bench top and tighten the clamp forcing - hopefully - back down. Hopefully that makes some sense?

@kgill They've yet to give me a definite offer but the guy I spoke with *thought it wouldn't be more than just over £22... so maybe the 15% you mention.

If time is an issue for the job you could try packing the base to get some sort of level - and bolt it down to a fixed surface... the manual does say it should be fixed down so it can't move. I've tried cutting with mine and it seems to work. Blade runs and saw table etc., checks as square...

The other thing you could try - which I'm considering - is to place something under the base near the bend, fix the other end down to a solid base (bench top), so the base is up at an angle, with the bent end near the edge and use a clamp resting on the upward bent base area and under the bench top and tighten the clamp forcing - hopefully - back down. Hopefully that makes some sense?

Thanks for that. Really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I was thinking along the same lines re either packing the base to make it level or potentially trying to "bend" it back by force. I think in the first instance I'll finish construction and ensure the rest of the unit is fully functional and square. Then work out a way to compensate for the warped base.
Just wanted to ensure there wasn't anything I hadn't thought of.

Tuffsaw blades arrive tomorrow so hopefully it'll all come together by the weekend.

Let me know how you get on with the partial refund.

Its arrived! On time too. Haven't unboxed yet, so still in fingers-crossed-all-is-okay mode. Just tried to order a Tuffsaws blade but, get a page saying " Due to experiencing higher than usual levels of orders, the website is currently offline while we catch up but will be back up shortly. " Wonder if its us lot? ;)

Had my neighbour on alert yesterday as I wasn’t going to be in for the allotted XPD time slot and also rushed home just in case…..sat here now (next day) all alone and bandsaw-less 🥲

I’ve also been wondering whether or not any damage could have been prior to xpd taking stock themselves? Either way I do think we should ALL make a fuss to aldi, if not simply out of principle. I’m obviously hoping mine (when it arrives 🥲) will not be damaged but hopefully significant complaints will make them reconsider using this company in the future.

Cant understand why they bother to setup a system of notification to simply let it down? I’m also pleased to hear that ‘partial’ Aldi refunds are now a possibility as I’ve also decided to return stuff in the past when all it would have taken is either a small spare part or, worse case, an attempt at a diy fix.

Back