Aldi Bandsaw ( new model) coming soon. Buy it or choose other model

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you checking via the link in the text message? If so try going to the 3 dots top right and then select "help" and see if any of those options listed will get you further. Sorry you're having trouble 😯
Yeah, tried everything, even installed the app, no updates, and all of a sudden, hey presto, knock on the door, and I have my saw!

Yeah, tried everything, even installed the app, no updates, and all of a sudden, hey presto, knock on the door, and I have my saw!
👌👍 Great. It can be very frustrating when deliveries don't happen when expected. Mine arrived two hours (well, pretty near) before last time given - and the online tracking showing 2 deliveries before mine... as he turned up at the door 👍

Mine arrived yesterday. It's in the workshop but wont be set up until I return from holiday. Have ordered the 3/8" premium blade for Tuff. ;)

* Sigh *

Wish I could afford one.
Can't/daren't do it at present, what with you-know-what just around the corner.
I did buy the HBS20 Workzone job during 2019, which has turned out OK, but has limited "throat" capacity.
In fact, the only downside I found with it was the upper and lower guide pins, and their adjustment. They always seem to move out of alignment when tightened.....

Here's a new video about the Ferrex bandsaw, made after he's been using it for 10 months:

that was uncanny
I follow proper diy on YouTube and this popped up the other day and I thought how strange that comes up just as I have ordered the bandsaw
I sense Google YouTube is reading my search history:)

that was uncanny
I follow proper diy on YouTube and this popped up the other day and I thought how strange that comes up just as I have ordered the bandsaw
I sense Google YouTube is reading my search history:)

He only just uploaded the video one or two days ago so I think that's why it has just popped up for you recently. But yes, they're probably tracking your searches as well, for targeted advertising etc.

Opened and assembled mine this afternoon. Found that the base is bent up on the back right hand corner 🙄. I'll get in touch with Aldi about it tomorrow but as they are sold out I can't see it being exchanged for another. Have to see what they say.
Other stuff I'm not impressed with is the finishing of both wheels. Very rough on the inner edges which need filing off.

I've left off the front hex screw which has been mentioned in YouTube videos with bottom door catching - appears to be a "stop" for the sliding table. The one on the back should suffice for that purpose. Also replaced the bolt, which is for levelling the tables either side of the blade slot, for a shorter one as the bottom door was catching on that also. IMG_20211128_175414.jpgIMG_20211128_175400.jpgIMG_20211128_175322.jpgIMG_20211128_175243.jpg

Last edited:
Well the mystery of why my delivery due friday night was solved today. Battered white van pulled up at the bottom of my driveway, big rasta jumps out and says I have a delivery for you. Guessed what it was before I looked in the back of his van :)
Asked where he was on friday and turns out his van had broken down and spent starurday fixing it so he was doing catch up. Looked in his van and against the back wall were 6 Aldi Band saws !! 6....they seem to be popular here in Bucks.
So it is finally here and now safe and sound in the garage as I am not allowed to open it ....

Attachments

• IMG_9201.jpg
    IMG_9201.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 13
Mines been at the depot since last thursday, delivery was meant to be last friday.

at 9:30am today the website says i was meant to get the delivery 4-6 hours ago: "Scheduled for Delivery - Route 04 - ETA: 3:14am to 5:14am"

I think whatever the case, the solid construction, cutting depth 12cm and 550W motor are cool feature of this saw and GVFM. Mine will be not too late arriving hopefully in this week.

Mines been at the depot since last thursday, delivery was meant to be last friday.

at 9:30am today the website says i was meant to get the delivery 4-6 hours ago: "Scheduled for Delivery - Route 04 - ETA: 3:14am to 5:14am"
that courier company is shocking. Never used them before and hopefully never have to again. They must be the new Yodel !
Anyway hope you get yours soon.

one thing to watch for is the bolt on my older one on the blade tension adjuster was a really poor fit, it's worth checking because mine ended up stripping, and I had to re-make the entire adjuster, somebody helped me with the metal work and it's been fine since but worth noting before you start using it. This is the main reason I'd recommend staying with 3/8" blades and no wider.

turned up, 8 hours after their 3:14am scheduled delivery time. Didn't bother to knock or ring door bell, left on doorstep, 2m from the road. Neighbour spotted it and was kind enough to knock on my door so I could bring it inside. Good job XDP.

Anyway, snuck it through the house to the shed and unpacked it. Only to find, XDP has struck again. The saws base plate is damaged, it is obvious the box has been dropped from a height on to a corner. :(

Raising it with Aldi, likely not to get a replacement as its now out of stock, will try and push for a discount if after assembly I can assert that the rest of it isnt bent and ruined.

XDP trust pilot reviews look dire: XDP is rated "Poor" with 2.6 / 5 on Trustpilot
They also seem to have a person working full time on answering the bad feedback. The only good feedback comes through because of one of their drivers "Stephen 432". What a terrible company.

turned up, 8 hours after their 3:14am scheduled delivery time. Didn't bother to knock or ring door bell, left on doorstep, 2m from the road. Neighbour spotted it and was kind enough to knock on my door so I could bring it inside. Good job XDP.

Anyway, snuck it through the house to the shed and unpacked it. Only to find, XDP has struck again. The saws base plate is damaged, it is obvious the box has been dropped from a height on to a corner. :(

Raising it with Aldi, likely not to get a replacement as its now out of stock, will try and push for a discount if after assembly I can assert that the rest of it isnt bent and ruined.

XDP trust pilot reviews look dire: XDP is rated "Poor" with 2.6 / 5 on Trustpilot
They also seem to have a person working full time on answering the bad feedback. The only good feedback comes through because of one of their drivers "Stephen 432". What a terrible company.
Mine also turned out to have a bent base - right hand back corner. Box was slightly dented but didn't make me think of damage until I'd taken it out and put on my bench to assemble. Thought maybe I'd put it on top of something - hence the wobble - then noticed the base plate. Posted pics (above). Also contacted Aldi - waiting reply. Did try the website "contact" page/form but kept getting issues so emailed them using their "order confirmation" post ([email protected]) and also tried a [email protected] - don't know if it's gone through to that as well as the [email protected]. Also tried a [email protected] *but* that bounced back as undeliverable. Thinking along the same lines as you re a partial refund as they won't have any in to replace with.

Mine arrived today. I got a brief email from XPD on Friday but as I was busy I missed it. I saw the driver pull up and dump the box on the floor outside the door, so opened it before he tried to ring the bell (if he was). It's a bit battered and the plastic straps have obviously been used to lump the box around, as they have cut into the card and on openeing the polystyrene is a bit bent. A quick visual suggests that the kit all look OK, but based on others experience I had better try and build it to check.
Tuffsaws are out of stock on the 3/8" premium blade :-(

Back