Aldi Bandsaw ( new model) coming soon. Buy it or choose other model

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it will struggle with 1/2" from experience, I found mine couldn't take the tensions needed for the 1/2" so 3/8" is ideal

I managed to get the bandsaw assembled in-between doing house husband duties and walking the dog🙄. There are quite a few fiddly bits to adjust and I will more than likely be tweaking them over the coming days. First impressions are good, it works, which is always a good thing😀. I shall ponder over the posts here before I decide on what blade to upgrade to.

@accipiter - thanks for that, the 1/2" I tried was a TuffSaws Premium 6tpi but I could never get consistent results from it. I'd get it setup perfectly, then after 10-15 mins it would no longer be aligned correctly and I had to go through the whole setup again as though I'd just fitted a new blade - I've had no problems with any of the smaller blades.

Personally I think that a lot of it is down to the compromises in making a 'reasonable' bandsaw at this price point - 1/2" is at the limit of its capabilities and manufacturing tolerances probably mean that some units cope better than others when pushed to this limit.

@accipiter - thanks for that, the 1/2" I tried was a TuffSaws Premium 6tpi but I could never get consistent results from it. I'd get it setup perfectly, then after 10-15 mins it would no longer be aligned correctly and I had to go through the whole setup again as though I'd just fitted a new blade - I've had no problems with any of the smaller blades.

Personally I think that a lot of it is down to the compromises in making a 'reasonable' bandsaw at this price point - 1/2" is at the limit of its capabilities and manufacturing tolerances probably mean that some units cope better than others when pushed to this limit.

Sorry to hear that it caused you problems. As this will be my first bandsaw I'm going to be in for a steep learning curve.

Sorry to hear that it caused you problems. As this will be my first bandsaw I'm going to be in for a steep learning curve.
Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a major issue for me as I didn't 'need' a wide blade - I wanted to try a 1/2" but, after a fair bit of trial & error, I've found that a 1/4" blade works well for me the vast majority of the time.

Been busy and missed a text from XPD. Checked tracking, photo shows wrong house and signature is misspelled surname. Not happy and I'm not confident it's there.

Went to bed and it never arrived .no surprise there !
Can’t wait to see the excuses they come up with as a) ring doorbell means I would have him on camera if it was a delivery past the time and b) teenage daughter in the house means someone is slopping around until at least 1am

Mine is due to be delivered this morning too...just wish I hadn't read the reviews about the delivery company, XPD🙁. Let's hope they're wrong🙄
I was supposed to get mine yesterday between 11.0 clock and 1.0clock never showed up can’t get in touch with them tried tracking them they’ve picked it up but that’s it it just on the tracker driver not available had nothing from what a bag of spanner’s this firm is I thought this would happen after read ing about there delivery system but took a gamble and lost.

New ALDI bandsaw looks really nice with the table and body made from solid aluminium and solid metal. Not the usual pressed cheap metal tools on the market.

ah I did try to give everyone a heads up . they will no doubt do another one in about 12 months time

It was because of this thread I knew it was available, so thank you for the heads up. I just never got around to actually ordering and now regret it! I didn't realise it would sell out quite so quickly.

Baball said:
Sold out :(. Do things like this come back into stock normally?
ah I did try to give everyone a heads up . they will no doubt do another one in about 12 months time

After I made my purchase on Monday I also made a separate posting let members know it was available - didn't get any reactions to it only 'views' so it probably got lost among the other postings.

XDP has a really rubbish tracking system... No updates on whether they actually tried to deliver, and now just giving me the message " This consignment is out for delivery and should be with you between N/A " 😖

XDP has a really rubbish tracking system... No updates on whether they actually tried to deliver, and now just giving me the message " This consignment is out for delivery and should be with you between N/A " 😖

Are you checking via the link in the text message? If so try going to the 3 dots top right and then select "help" and see if any of those options listed will get you further. Sorry you're having trouble 😯

Back