Aldi Bandsaw ( new model) coming soon. Buy it or choose other model

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a 'what happens next' email this morning but nothing else.

I would be up for a group buy - was looking at Tuff Saws last night but didn't want to order until someone confirmed for sure the length (or that the saw was the HBS261 rebadged).

Ordered mine on the 22nd. Email confirmation says item will be delivered in 2-7 working days and " Well send you a tracking link once your order is on its way. The courier will update you about your delivery, via phone or email, once your order leaves our warehouse". So hopefully delivered next week :)

Thanks, that's really useful 🙇‍♂️

I've seen another thread discussing bandsaw blades being night and day, and some suggesting to bin the stock blade that comes with it. Could anyone recommend a half decent replacement?
Tuffsaw blades the best ring them they will advise you of the ones you need

I thought I'd log on to my Aldi account to see if there is any update on the despatch of my bandsaw, but it's a bit busy today🙄

You’re in the queue...
We’re very sorry, but there are currently lots of people trying to access the Aldi website. We’ve automatically placed you in a queue. Don’t worry about refreshing - this page will update automatically as soon as you can enter the site.
Your queue number: 55563
Number of users in queue ahead of you: 43738
Expected arrival time on the website: more than an hour

Little update on possible group buy on blades from Tuff blades. He said his blades are already heavily discounted so no possibility of group buy which us fair enough as margins must be so tight. But very helpful so when I need a new blade I will get one off him

I thought I'd log on to my Aldi account to see if there is any update on the despatch of my bandsaw, but it's a bit busy today🙄

You’re in the queue...
We’re very sorry, but there are currently lots of people trying to access the Aldi website. We’ve automatically placed you in a queue. Don’t worry about refreshing - this page will update automatically as soon as you can enter the site.
Your queue number: 55563
Number of users in queue ahead of you: 43738
Expected arrival time on the website: more than an hour

I placed an order on the 18th for a sander and it's still stuck on processing, they say it can take up to 7 working days to delivery, which means up to 11 days assuming only 4 days of weekends and no public holidays :(

Got my despatch email too, being delivered by XDP...
I better make some room in the shed😀

I did email Aldi to see if they could tell me the blade size and this was the reply?

Unfortunately, we do not have access to this type of information, but it will be specified in the instructions manual in the box.

Please accept my apologies for this situation and the distress it has caused.

...was looking at Tuff Saws last night but didn't want to order until someone confirmed for sure the length (or that the saw was the HBS261 rebadged).

If you go to 1:42 in this video, he shows the front cover of the Ferrex user manual. Ferrex haven't even changed the model number "Ferrex 10" Bandsaw HBS261"

Had my emails and text yesterday about it being collected by XDP - this morning I've had a text saying it will be delivered today between 9:58 and 11:58 🍾🥃.... and I've not made room in the shed (workshop)!!!! - NOR told the other half... 😒😎

Mine is due to be delivered this morning too...just wish I hadn't read the reviews about the delivery company, XPD🙁. Let's hope they're wrong🙄

Back