Aldi Bandsaw ( new model) coming soon. Buy it or choose other model

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone on hotukdeals thinks this is a rebadged Scheppach HBS261 which goes for £240 ish at screwfix and toolstation, previously it had a dark blue colour, but appears its now grey

here is a video:

it looks mighty similar to the grey pictures on the aldi website, so it looks like they have stuck with scheppach hs261 again

aldi were not able to supply me with a manual, but I have found the ferrex manual which isn't really the best: Scheppach HBS261, 5901505901 User manual | Manualzz...

here is a link to the scheppach hs261 manual, I haven't found one in english: https://cdn.webshopapp.com/shops/290204/files/330752105/5901505901-h.pdf

Thanks, that's really useful 🙇‍♂️

I've seen another thread discussing bandsaw blades being night and day, and some suggesting to bin the stock blade that comes with it. Could anyone recommend a half decent replacement?

Brill….thanks for the reminder!

I’m a terror for buying loads of little things (cheap) from China and so it’s like Xmas here when they arrive in little packets….I get excited opening them as I can never remember what I’ve bought. She rolls here eyes every time.

As others have already pointed out, she’ll be laughing on the other side of her face when she gets ‘this’ Xmas present….😂😂

Do we know blade length yet of this new machine? I know the old machine but the similar models have different lengths and we don't yet know if identical to last years model (colour noted).

someone on hotukdeals thinks this is a rebadged Scheppach HBS261 which goes for £240 ish at screwfix and toolstation, previously it had a dark blue colour, but appears its now grey

here is a video:

it looks mighty similar to the grey pictures on the aldi website, so it looks like they have stuck with scheppach hs261 again

aldi were not able to supply me with a manual, but I have found the ferrex manual which isn't really the best: Scheppach HBS261, 5901505901 User manual | Manualzz...

here is a link to the scheppach hs261 manual, I haven't found one in english: https://cdn.webshopapp.com/shops/290204/files/330752105/5901505901-h.pdf

I know you are keen to get a heads up on the tech specs before delivery, but I think the one you have listed is a slightly different model from the one that we are getting. You may just have to be patient :)

Do we know blade length yet of this new machine? I know the old machine but the similar models have different lengths and we don't yet know if identical to last years model (colour noted).

you are thinking the same as I am about getting a tuff blade to replace the factory one

Word is it’s a Scheppach (HBS261 I think).
I got one in October last year and, as far as I could ascertain, mine was the same as the HBS261 - so if people think that this year's one is also identical to the HBS261, they haven't changed much other than the colour.

The one thing I really hated about it was the awful stiff plastic mains cable as it just doesn't coil or lay flat - sounds trivial but it's really irritating in a small workshop where you need to keep everything as tidy as possible - so I've replaced it with a longer length of flexible rubber-sheathed cable.

I got one in October last year and, as far as I could ascertain, mine was the same as the HBS261 - so if people think that this year's one is also identical to the HBS261, they haven't changed much other than the colour.
The one thing I really hated about it was the awful stiff plastic mains cable as it just doesn't coil or lay flat - sounds trivial but it's really irritating in a small workshop where you need to keep everything as tidy as possible - so I've replaced it with a longer length of flexible rubber-sheathed cable.

..apols..a bit of a glitch with the system, was going to say the Sheppach one does not have roller bearing guides?

When I had a problem with my earlier Aldi bandsaw I contacted Scheppach as it looked identical to a model in their own brand but they denied they had anything to do with Aldi. So it may be just that they use the same Chinese supplier, but are not supported by Scheppach as far as I can tell?

Last edited:
..apols..a bit of a glitch with the system, was going to say the Sheppach one does not have roller bearing guides?
If you look at the link to the Sheppach HBS261 manual I posted above you'll see pictures showing them and they appear identical to those on my Ferrex e.g.
fig15.jpg

I know you are keen to get a heads up on the tech specs before delivery, but I think the one you have listed is a slightly different model from the one that we are getting. You may just have to be patient :)

Any chance you can share the differences youve spotted? I compared specs, photos and videos of the schepach and the new Aldi closely, then compared with the dark blue older version too.

I'm no expert on bandsaws and could have missed something and be mistaken as there's so few photos of the new version

Given that there’s no doubt most of the folks here will likely want to replace the stock blade with a general purpose one (at least) from Tuffsaws, I wonder if there’s an opportunity for some sort of group buy?🤔

good idea. If we do the maths ( which I failed at school so don't quote me :) ) when the bandsaw came available to buy within a couple of hours it had already sold 90+ and I bet quite a few of that number were from here and maybe even this thread . So lets say 50 . And of those 50 I bet at least 30-35 will think, factory blade rubbish, lets get a good replacement. So yes maybe a good idea to start a new thread on a group buy. Assume this forum has sections for group buys ?

Back