Aldi Bandsaw ( new model) coming soon. Buy it or choose other model

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
👍👍 I wouldn’t go that far - you never know where Paul Hollywood’s hands have been, lol - but thank you; it may have been your post about the Aldi bandsaw that prompted me to buy one a few years back! Great little saw, again still going strong to the nest of my knowledge. 👍💪
Especially if he’s been handling his pumpernickel dough

what are people use to re-saw timber? ...not going to be that useful with a maximum of 12cm... don't see the attraction between the Aldi bandsaw and a standard table saw...

W
..my 100% recommendation would be to buy it! A few years ago I purchased the smaller one they had prior to this, (I think 8 inch). I fitted a Tuffsaws blade from the off, and it has punched well above its weight, and is probably one of my most used power tools! I was going to get the later/larger model when they first came out, but I procrastinated a little too long and they sold out.
NB I was then going to get a Sheppach Basa 3, and again, went to order it from Screwfix and they had sold out!...recently got a Record BS300, but I still find myself using the little Aldi as it is more convenient for the smaller stuff. (recently replaced the blade with another Tuffsaws and it has given it a new lease of life).

The larger Aldi model seems to benefit from a better table than my earlier model which has a pressed steel table, and it also appears to have a more robust / better roller guide system for the blade.

For me it would be an absolute no brainer to get this one if I was considering a smaller lower cost bandsaw....and with Aldi if you are not happy you can return it anyway....GO FOR IT...before they run out again!!

NB The Sheppach one looks almost identical to the first Aldi bandsaw I got which cost £80, the latest Aldi appears to be a much more robust machine with better table, guides and fence as well as a larger capacity for an extra few pounds...definitely better to wait for the latest Aldi version...
hat size blad will it be for the Aldi one when it comes out as I think I will order a tuff blade so I will be ready to go if I get it

what are people use to re-saw timber? ...not going to be that useful with a maximum of 12cm... don't see the attraction between the Aldi bandsaw and a standard table saw...
Never re-sawn timber so can't say it would be useful for me. Anyway size of workshop dictates something like this . Each to their own I guess.

Would be interested (and probably very very afraid) to see a table saw with a 12cm depth of cut.

I reckon this little one could resaw narrower stock just fine if you are sensible with it. If someone has the space for a massive floor standing model with the infeed and outfeed to resaw 300mm wide boards then this isn't going to be of interest. But to the garden shed woodworker it sounds ideal.

Just thinking...the Aldi one seems to be heavily delayed so who knows when it will arrive ..
So looking at Rutlands which is always pretty good quality and they have their model in the clearance now at £199. ok so £50 more but just wondering off anyone has had experience of this model and does the fact it has a triple roller bearing below the table make it a far superior to the one from Aldi .

https://www.rutlands.com/sp+230mm-precision-bandsaw+XT3511#nogo

Just thinking...the Aldi one seems to be heavily delayed so who knows when it will arrive ..
So looking at Rutlands which is always pretty good quality and they have their model in the clearance now at £199. ok so £50 more but just wondering off anyone has had experience of this model and does the fact it has a triple roller bearing below the table make it a far superior to the one from Aldi .

https://www.rutlands.com/sp+230mm-precision-bandsaw+XT3511#nogo
Looks more like the Titan - slightly odd 230mm size (9”) at the throat, claimed 90mm depth of cut.

Looks more like the Titan - slightly odd 230mm size (9”) at the throat, claimed 90mm depth of cut.
Tbh Peter I have no knowledge of this model so wasn’t sure if it was a worthy competitor. Maybe if it is an oddball I might hold out for the cheaper Aldi one

I've been checking twice a day for the aldi one to become orderable, and it appears that it has been removed from their webpage this morning :(

That's frustrating - I've been doing the same. At least now I don't need to decide if I really 'NEED' a bandsaw again!!

The same happened a few weeks ago after they advertised a good-sized outside storage box/cabinet. The brand name escapes me for the moment, but it was about a third less price-wise than on the brand site. The very first time I saw the ad on their 'specialbuys' it was endorsed 'sold out', check in store!
Suffice to say, they didn't appear in store, or at least, not in my local branches!
A few days afterwards, the item disappeared from Aldi's site...

Im I right in thinking that some people seem to be able to get the bandsaws which then appear on ebay at a premium price?
Steve

I haven’t seen any on eBay
The problem is this model was showing as delayed and is now showing as unavailable which is a right pita considering it was a new model

I have sent message via twitter and customer services asking them if it will ever come. Told them I know of at least 50 people who want one so guess I am on commission :)

The problem is this model was showing as delayed and is now showing as unavailable which is a right pita considering it was a new model
Sorry I could have been clearer, previously these Bandsaws seem to sell out extreamly quickly and Ive then seen them being advertised at a higher price on ebay, I guess there are people who buy several and then sell them on, which can make it even more difficult to get one. I clicked a button a couple of weeks ago on the aldi site which is supposed to email me when the delayed items are in stock but whether that would work now or not I dont know?
Ive just bought a Site type saw from a company called Excell and I see that they are offering a cheap bandsaw, these things are often clones it seems and I dont know anything about them so cannot say anything about it but it might be worth a look.
Steve.

Latest posts

Back