• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

ALDI Bandsaw in stores this Sunday

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

thomashenry

Established Member
Reaction score
Heads up to those interested: The well regarded Aldi 350W bandsaw will be making its annual appearance in store this Sunday.

SMALMALEKI

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the heads up. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has used one of these.

bourbon

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a few. It's a good capable bandsaw for what it is. Don't expect it to do what it isn't designed for. Note to self. get new blade!

twodoctors

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm going to stick my neck out and say it's practically the same saw as the Axi Hobby series.

Not exactly the same obviously, but same design mechanically. Axi (and other decent branded ones) have better quality components (cast table, better fence etc). For bandsaw boxes cutting freehand they are pretty good (for small boxes).

And yes, get new blades.

Mutley Racers

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Thanks for the heads up. So I am in the process of collecting ok tools which I will only use occasionally. Would this bandsaw be OK? Do I really need a mitre slot on one and a better table as what Peter has done with his titan?

Thanks

bourbon

Established Member
Reaction score
If there is one thing this is missing, It's the mitre slot. You could always make one with two pieces of ply, but you would loose height.

SMALMALEKI

Established Member
Reaction score
Well
I went to Aldi today. At the end I decided against it. I didn’t like the plate was not cast iron and did not have the second slot for mitre guide.
The mail issue beside it was the depth of cut which is 80 mm. I have already bought a table saw with 80 mm cut depth. The only advantage was cutting curved lines. I am going to order one with bigger depth of cut for dimensioning my stock. It will give me both curved cut and increase my cut capacity.